Resource Adequacy Assessment Tool Internship
ISO New England Inc. keeps the lights on for more than 14 million customers. Through cutting-edge innovation and strong regional collaboration, our team of highly-trained professionals oversee the 24/7 operation of the region’s power grid, administer the $10+ billion wholesale electricity market and conduct power system planning, preparing for a cleaner grid.
What will you be working on:
- Design and implement a simplified adequacy assessment tool to evaluate EUE and LOLE of small examples;
- Analyze the adequacy functions and their sensitivities;
- Visualize the analysis results.
What we look for in a candidate:
- Good understanding of resource adequacy assessment process for power systems; Basic understanding of power system adequacy
- Strong analytical and computer coding skills
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our interns get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. In addition to our competitive pay, our interns have we access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity: We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 5, 2023
- Job End Date Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Holyoke, MA 01040, USA