Since 2006, our firm’s mission is to help undergraduates and graduates make a seamless transition from campus to their careers. Over the years we have gained an understanding what key skill sets our associates need to succeed after graduation, and what our clients are looking for in their future work force.
With that knowledge, we have developed the Jobologi Program. Jobologi is the science behind getting the perfect job and finding the perfect new hire.
How it works: All associates must be accepted into the program and must complete five experiences during their 6 or 12-month program. The Experiences: Client Work Experience, Team Building Events, Professional Development Workshops, Industry Shadowing, and health and wellness activities that will help our associates understand how to have an equal work life balance. Once all five experiences are completed, all associates will qualify for InternU’s Fingerprints program, providing scholarships or student debt relief.
Jobologi is provided to all our associates at no cost. You are compensated for every experience attended and completed.
Our internU team is seeking a Medical Scribe.
We are currently seeking recent graduates for a Medical Scribe opportunity in the Philadelphia area. As a Medical Scribe (also referred to as a Clinical Assistant), you would be trained in medical documentation and be assisting a physician throughout their shift. The primary goal of a Scribe is to increase the efficiency and the productivity of the physician. The Scribe allows the doctor to focus on what is most important, the patient.
- Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician.
- Preparing progress notes for physician:
- Will identify reason for patients visit, ongoing patient problems, changes to medication, orders placed during last visit.
- Start progress note including initial history of prior illness (HPI), laboratory studies, and other studies, and ICD/problem list for physician.
- Physician reviews prior records, laboratory studies, other studies, initial HPI and ICD(ongoing problems) list.
- Begin visit with physician:
- HPI section must include location, quality, severity, duration, timing, context, precipitating/modifying factors, and associated signs and symptoms.
- Must also include any other details physician wants to take record in progress note.
- Be able to record any findings physician has for review of systems and physical exam.
- Begin assessment for physician:
- “Pend” medications, tests, and lab work as requested by physician.
- Prepare and print out any related patient instructions/ after visit summary/lab orders as requested by physician.
- “Pend” progress note for physician to personally review and sign.
- Patient follow up:
- Help patient with any questions on follow up visit.
- Ex. lab testing locations/medication protocol/follow up visit date.
- PreMed or PrePA students – candidates in Gap year
- Scribes must be discreet, tactful, and modest in performance of duties so as not to distract medical staff from patient care.
- Strong skills in the areas of Mathematics, Writing, Communication, and Computers.
- Good judgment, organizational ability, initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to be self-motivated
- Must be adaptable and versatile since you will be responsible for many tasks.
- Good attendance is also an important element of this job since you will be hard to replace.
Work Hours: TBD
Preferred: Bachelors Degree in PreMed or PrePA taking a gap year
- Job Family Healthcare
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Abington, PA, USA