Entry Level Medical Transfer Center Coordinator
Since 2006, our firm’s mission is to help undergraduates and graduates make a seamless transition from campus to their careers. Over the years we have gained an understanding what key skill sets our associates need to succeed after graduation, and what our clients are looking for in their future work force.
With that knowledge, we have developed the Jobologi Program. Jobologi is the science behind getting the perfect job and finding the perfect new hire.
How it works: All associates must be accepted into the program and must complete five experiences during their 6 or 12-month program. The Experiences: Client Work Experience, Team Building Events, Professional Development Workshops, Industry Shadowing, and health and wellness activities that will help our associates understand how to have an equal work life balance. Once all five experiences are completed, all associates will qualify for InternU’s Fingerprints program, providing scholarships or student debt relief.
Jobologi is provided to all our associates at no cost. You are compensated for every experience attended and completed.
Our internU team is seeking an Entry Level Medical Transfer Center Coordinator to be onsite working with one of the largest healthcare companies in Pennsylvania.
The Entry Level Medical Transfer Center Coordinator works within the MedCall department, serving as an advanced physician resource for all aspects of patient transfers, referrals (urgent and non-urgent), physician consultations, and patient follow-ups. This department serves as the primary contact for referring physicians who are requesting services for continued patient care.
This position is responsible for facilitating all patient transfers into and within the health system by answering phones and initiating referrals and inpatient transfers from physicians and medical professionals. Responsibilities require the Entry Medical Transfer Center Coordinator to multitask, maintain great customer service, and identify and escalate concerns in an efficient manner.
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills, remaining professional and courteous when dealing with sensitive issues and stressful circumstances.
- Request and coordinate all medical transportation, as necessary. Provide initial information to admissions, case managers and bed flow coordinators of incoming patients; update all admission records as necessary.
- Knowledge of multiple communication methods utilized by the department.
- Answer calls into the transfer center (MedCall) to provide a point of entry into the hospital: the scope is unlimited (local and worldwide). Responsible for meeting department benchmarks related to call handling and transferring.
- Provide and assist physicians with emergent and non-emergent transfers, consults, and other calls received. Efficiently and accurately transcribe interactions on calls. All documentation on transfers has to be completed and entered department database by the end of the shift.
- To maintain a familiarity with internal systems available and necessary in the performance of the job
- To maintain an awareness of services and capabilities of facilities in support of the outreach efforts of the transfer center. Appropriate escalation of issues, bed assignments and problems as determined by department protocols.
The ideal candidate for this position will have proficient computer and typing skills, exceptional phone etiquette and communication skills, and strong organization and prioritization skills. Proficient medical terminology knowledge is strongly preferred, while direct patient care and/or medical training experience is a plus. A working knowledge of EPIC and/or Medipac is also a plus, but not required.
- Superior customer service and telephone skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Ability to type and use a computer
- Experience in a healthcare environment or appointment scheduling
Work Hours: Flexible shifts available, 7 days a week 2PM - 10PM. Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Preferred: Undergraduate or Graduate student in a healthcare related program
- Job Family Healthcare
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA