Sales Trainer - DTP
The Sales Trainer – DTP is responsible for designing, developing, evaluating and maintaining creative learning solutions for the Direct to Patient Sales workforce. This includes but is not limited to instructor led learning (virtual and in person), eLearning, educational activities, assessments, job aids and blended learning experiences using audio and video components. This position supports the development of an annual training plan, adapting organizational initiatives and resources to regional needs, assessing the effectiveness of the current approach to training and implementing suggestions for continuous improvement.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Reviews, revises, and updates the DTP Sales Training Manual.
- Prepares new DTP sales representatives by conducting orientation to sales process, providing resource assistance and providing post-training coaching.
- Determines training needs by reviewing Sales Representatives, observing sales encounters, studying sales result reports, conferring with sales managers and supervisors.
- Maintains updated records of training material, curricula and budget.
- Conducts annual skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement.
- Collects feedback from trainees and managers about training curricula.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to continuously improve training.
- Completes DCR process for updated and new DTP training documents ensuring they are approved and released in a timely manner.
- Conducts round tables and surveys to gauge effectiveness of training.
- Promotes Inogen core values and business objectives.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Experience with e-learning platforms.
- Must have the ability to train and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Must be a self-starter and deliver results with limited oversight.
- Proven track record of successful team participation is required.
- Experience successfully developing talent and coaching.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi task.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
- Ability to travel as required.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education or related field of study, required.
- 5 years’ medical device, sales or commercial training experience, required.
- 2+ years’ experience as a sales professional preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Plano, TX, USA