Sustainability Engineering Technician II
The primary role of the Sustaining Engineering Technician I, II is to provide testing support to the Sustaining Engineering team as needed. The Engineering Technician is a key member of the R&D team and participates in all sustaining product remediation efforts and support activities. Key responsibilities include testing and failure analysis of returned Inogen products. Assist in the remediation of CAPA’s and assist in the evaluation and testing of product improvements. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining the lab space and ensuring that all equipment is properly maintained and calibrated.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
Sustaining Engineering Technician II
In addition to items listed for Sustaining Engineering Technician I, the Sustaining Engineering Technician IImay also be responsible for the following:
- Keep all engineering devices and components up to date and in good working order.
- Provide manufacturability and design feedback throughout the continuous improvement process and post launch phases of the product lifecycle.
- Maintain adequate levels of inventory throughout the lab including devices for test, device parts and subcomponents, pneumatic supplies such as fittings and tubing, and hand/power tools required for assembly and test of products. Tools and supplies should be well organized and labeled in accordance with 5s and lean principles.
- Investigate field failures, as needed, to ensure that failure modes are captured and brought to the attention of the engineering team.
- Write and execute test protocols Per Inogen’s SOP
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical test equipment and fabrication equipment.
- Experience with surface mount and through hole soldering, including microscope assisted soldering.
- Desire and ability to perform hands-on prototyping and testing.
- ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 experience.
- Experience in medical devices and FDA regulated environments.
- Experience operating in a lean and 5s based company.
Associate Degree in Engineering, Scientific field, or related technical discipline, required.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Scientific field, or related technical discipline, desired.
5+ years of medical device testing experience, required.
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Insider
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Plano, TX, USA