The Materials Manager is responsible for managing the end-to-end material and information flow at the Richardson, TX factory from supplier ordering to receiving through shipping. This will include setting-up, maintaining and executing an effective raw material Kanban ordering system, establishing the factory build plan and inventory stocking strategy for finished goods/semi-finished goods, and managing the order backlog. Materials Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of receiving, material handling, buying/planning, master scheduling. In addition, the Materials Manager will own and maintain the global S&OP (Sales & Operations Plan) for the Richardson, Tx, Goleta, CA and Prague, CZ sites.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Propose, implement and maintain an effective Kanban ordering process that reduces inventory and improves part shortages.
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to implement stocking agreements and improve supplier performance.
- Maintaining inventory accuracy through an effective cycle counting process.
- Analyze the material transaction flow and setup in Oracle. Propose and implement changes to reduce complexity and improve accuracy.
- Improve inventory accuracy through an effective cycle counting program that gets to root cause and permanent fixes of inventory inaccuracies.
- Roll-out improved visual management of inventory and of the receiving/material handling functions.
- Setup and maintain and S&OP plan for all three manufacturing sites that balances inventory, labor and capacity in response to the sales forecast. Maintain 95+% OTD.
- Insure the effective launch of new products by participating on project teams and setting the materials processes in advance of launch.
- Improve the productivity of the material handling and receiving functions.
- Build a strong materials team through hiring, top-grading, setting expectations, coaching and developing talent.
- Continue to improve associate engagement and retention.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including SOX, ISO-13485 and FDA rules & regulations.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand and replenishment processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience, implementation and execution.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field of study, required; Master’s degree, preferred.
- 7 years’ experience in Production Planning, Supply Chain Management, Inventory Control and/or Manufacturing Management in a manufacturing environment, required.
- 2 years management experience, with a minimum of five direct reports in a manufacturing environment, required.
- Intermediate Knowledge/proficiency in MRP/ERP systems (Oracle) and Microsoft Office, required.
- Lean practitioner in Kanban pull, heijunka and/or production standard work, preferred.
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP), preferred.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Job Function Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Insider
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Plano, TX, USA