COE Lead - Electrical Engineering
The Center of Excellence Electrical Engineering Lead directs, oversees and coordinates the operations and activities of employees, including the planning, design, inspection, and contract administration of electrical engineering related projects for assigned areas. This position is responsible for the research and development of new products or product changes from concept to full production. As an Center of Excellence Electrical Engineering Lead, this position requires a high degree of leadership and vision to maintain Inogen's leadership position in the marketplace. Additionally, the position requires mentoring and training of other engineering team members.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Manage direct reports and electrical engineers as necessary to develop and support Inogen projects and products.
- Lead, manage, and train other engineering resources as necessary to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Oversee support to manufacturing as necessary to maintain production capacity, including problem identification, analysis, and solutions.
- Collaborate with vendors and other Inogen engineers to meet Inogen DPMO goals.
- Maintain detailed documentation for testing and development activities in accordance with Inogen’s good documentation procedures.
- Develop and document production and pre-production procedures and processes as necessary to deploy properly validated and in-control processes for manufacturing of Inogen products.
- For assigned projects act as a leader of the Core Team for the project, product of product family, being responsible for leading the cross-functional team, establishing and reaching the project objectives and milestones, creating and maintaining the Integrated Development Plan, managing project related resources and ensuring appropriate governance with the Portfolio Management Committee.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Electrical System Specific Duties
- Utilize printed circuit board schematic capture and layout tools to provide product design support for the Inogen products.
- Determine and execute design improvement opportunities for increased reliability, manufacturability and performance design, implementation and testing of electronics for Inogen products.
- Oversee engineering and technical support to Inogen manufacturing for all circuit board related issues or tasks.
- Oversee the interface between Inogen and PCA manufacturers for the support of technical issues related to production circuit boards.
- Work with PCA suppliers to ensure a stable supply chain by transferring knowledge of Inogen Designs to the suppliers as necessary.
- Meet with vendors as necessary to identify components and technologies required for Inogen designs.
- Lead ongoing electronic systems risk analysis. Develop mitigative and corrective actions to support product quality goals.
- Support EMC and Safety Agency testing as related to electronic designs.
- Support and develop engineering documentation, including specifications and verification procedures.
- Perform production validation testing, including system level and board level testing.
- Set up and maintain Inogen electronics design tools and maintain the integrity of in-process design files.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi task.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
- Must have ability to hire, lead, and manage other team members
- Experience with oxygen concentrators.
- Ability to optimize systems using advanced data analysis and modelling techniques
- Highly motivated and able to act as a technical leader of the R&D team
- Desired knowledge of lean product development and 5s organizational techniques
- Able to hire, lead, and manage engineering personnel
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial, or related Engineering or Scientific field, required.
- 10+ years of experience in product development and/or medical manufacturing, required.
- 2 years’ in a project management role or supervisory/lead role, required.
- Experienced in ISO 13485 quality system and FDA design controls, required.
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 and FDA design controls, required.
- Expertise in oxygen concentrator design and manufacturing, preferred.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Job Function Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Insider
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Goleta, CA, USA