Senior Product Manager
The Product Manager, Senior leads a variety of sales, marketing, and product management activities, ensuring departmental tasks are performed on time and on budget. This role manages projects – plans and coordinates the development of new products and enhancements of existing products based on short-term and long-term goals. The Product Manager, Senior is responsible for product changes and justification, new product identification and commercialization, product position and pricing, customer feedback, and competitive intelligence
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Develop a long-term vision and strategy for product portfolio. Communicate strategy with stakeholders to obtain approval. Implements product strategies consistent with company vision, aligning business strategies to go along with product strategy
- Takes strategy and develops company-wide market plan for the business’s products; partnering with all departments for the execution of this plan.
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps per the company’s vision and strategy.
- Aid in the development of product enhancements and new product ideas.
- Work with design teams to produce product prototypes to capture market feedback to guide product design.
- Ensure products are launched into market with commercial excellence correctly and on schedule.
- Conduct market research and obtain consumer feedback on products, incorporate feedback from customers into the product strategy.
- Responsible for developing product promotion strategy and coordinating execution with Commercial Marketing team
- Assist in making department budget and planning, allocating resources, and delegating tasks
- Responsible for managing the product line life cycle all the way from the strategic planning to tactical initiatives, through end of life.
- Ongoing assessment and identification of risks to organization along with mitigation plan
- Establish and maintain relationships with KOL and other clinical resources
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative market research to define customer behavior and identify unmet needs
- Support product intellectual property strategy (patents / trademarks) and work with counsel as needed.
- Assist in the hiring, training and development of product management team members.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess experience and thorough understanding of product management, project management, product marketing, technology products, and business finance.
- Able to conduct custom market research, develop budgets, and collaborate with several parties simultaneously.
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Creative thinking skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical Problem-Solving skills required to identify root causes of basic technical and non-technical problems associated with advanced respiratory care products.
- Collaboration & Teamwork to establish good working relationships between engineering, marketing, sales, and manufacturing.
- Must have Flexibility and the ability to adapt to the changing internal and external variables.
- Must be adept at Organization, Planning & Execution to manage product development and launch process.
- Presentation skills required to build internal support for projects as well as sell customers/sales reps, etc on product and programs.
- Decision Making & Problem-Solving skills required to provide clear direction for priorities and responsibilities.
- Management Administration Skills Knowledge and experience in the following required:
- Project Management
- Lead cross-functional teams
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi task.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related technical discipline, required.
- MS/MBA/MA, preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience as a Product Manager, required. 1-3 years project management experience, required.
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, online databases, required.
- Job Function Management
- Pay Type Salary