Commercial Finance Manager, Sr
The Senior Commercial Finance Manager is a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, and has responsibilities of generating monthly financial analysis; tracking and reporting of key metrics; and working with Inogen’s commercial business partners on daily management activities involving forecasting volume, price, key customer & products, Department Expenses, Product / Channel analytics, pricing support, new opportunity analytics, system / reporting enhancements and overall continuous process improvement.
Additionally, the Senior Commercial Finance Manager serves as a liaison between the Finance and Information Systems teams when it comes to database management as well as implementation and maintenance of critical analytical tools. Responsibilities include partnering with the Commercial business and Information Systems to ensure timely reporting and integrity of the end user database. This role is also responsible for designing executive-level analytics and reporting, which may include evaluation and implementation of new reporting tools with the intent to improve business processes and drive performance. This role must work with many levels of the organization as it reports to the Sr. Director of Finance but has a dotted line to the EVP / Chief Commercial Officer.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Support monthly / weekly review of key operational metrics, identifying gaps to target and offer countermeasures to enhance results (examples: unseen sales opportunities, trends, key customer updates).
- Partner with sales team and accounting to support monthly close and explain notable variances in the sales department expenses and volume / revenue / gross margin in the P&L.
- Provide monthly analysis on orders / shipments, including drivers of product & channel mix, one-off events, production, and key customer slippage.
- Prepare a collaborated forecast for the sales teams by analyzing trends and key customers and recommending customer / product forecasts as well as department expenses to support the sales team effort.
- Provides financial support of all deal cycles, from deal initiation to final contract, including financial model (P&L, cash flow, tax, etc.), contract negotiation and customer facing issues.
- Analyzes industry trends, data, and strategies to address issues and exploit sales opportunities in support of markets, key accounts, and brands.
- Coordinates the timely acquisition of data from internal IS sources and validates data for accuracy.
- Develops new tools, reports, and processes to improve timing, efficiency, and accuracy of the reporting.
- Designs and delivers reporting and analytics which inform high-level business decisions and strategies in Sales, Marketing and at senior leadership levels.
- Works closely with IS & Sales Operations in developing new reporting tools as well as maintaining accuracy and hierarchy of reports for incentive compensation calculations.
- Creates and maintains reports to proactively identify pricing patterns and opportunities.
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis under the direction of a senior member of the team.
- Work cross-departmentally and collaboratively to assist in the analysis of business opportunities and make recommendations for process improvement projects.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with some direct supervision as required.
- Basic financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.,)
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Analytical / problem-solving skills & ability to multitask.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills including advanced modeling skills, with the ability to work with others in complex tasks and review work products. Ability to synthesize data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics, required.
- CPA or MBA, preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial and/or strategic analysis.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in analytical & financial modeling, required.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency Oracle and/or another ERP platform, required.
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency in BI Analytics, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Job Function Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Insider
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree