Residential Counselor II - Longmont Group Home
Pay: $21/hr Monday - Friday, $21.50/hr Saturday and Sunday; $22/hr for overnight shifts
Schedule: 40 hours/week. Full time and benefit eligible (see below for list of available benefits). The schedule will be five consistent days/week, but the hours within are scheduled based on needs. Guaranteed two consecutive days off per week. Schedules are provided at least two weeks in advance.
Working in an Imagine! Residential Site is an experience like no other. You get the privilege of supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in living their lives to the fullest. You will provide a helping hand as they achieve their goals and contribute to their communities. You will celebrate their successes and help them overcome their challenges. This position offers the opportunity to create memories that last a lifetime, all while making your community healthier, happier, and more inclusive. Learn more below.
- Provides for the health, safety, and welfare of the consumers with disabilities in their homes.
- Attends to consumer health and safety needs according to all assessment and care plans, including medication administration, eating and feeding, personal hygiene (including restroom assistance), and home and community safety.
- Performs cleaning, cooking, and other site maintenance as assigned.
- Ensures the ongoing facilitation of person-centered principals in the home.
- Deals effectively with crisis situations.
Training and Supports:
Imagine provides paid training for all of our Direct Support Professionals. A list of trainings provided includes, but is not limited to:
- CPR and First Aid
- QMAP certification (Medication Administration)
- Safety Care certification by Quality Behavioral Solutions
- Lifts and Transfers
- Driving and vehicle safety
- Shadowing shifts with experienced staff and supervisors
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis
- Possession of an Active Current Driver’s License for the past 3 years
- Direct Care experience is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, or similar fields preferred. Examples of comparable work include DSP, Direct Care Worker (DCW), classroom paraprofessional, special education (SPED Certified) paraprofessionals, CNA Certified Nursing Assistant, medical assistant, nursing home or long-term residential care, assisted living care, caregiver, home health care or personal care, social worker, childcare experience (including nanny and babysitter experience), camp counselor, recreational therapy, other similar human services fields.
Benefits offered for full-time, eligible employees
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance (multiple plan options, with benefits-eligibility starting at 20+hrs)
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D + Long Term Disability
- Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) with company match
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave + Paid Wellbeing Days
- Child Care Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Account for Child/Dependent Care and Medical Expenses
- EcoPass (free, unlimited regional public transportation pass – bus, light rail)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Click Here for a Virtual 2022 Benefits Summary
Equal Employment Opportunity – Valuing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Imagine! is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and complies with all applicable federal, state, and
local laws governing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strive to
foster a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We also recognize the value
of diversity within our organization, and want to employ a workforce that
effectively supports the diverse communities we serve. Unlawful discrimination
in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
or gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran
status, hair style or texture, genetic information, or other characteristics
protected by applicable laws is strictly prohibited.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- Longmont, CO, USA