Administrative Assistant, Veterinary Clinic
Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch, (CABBR) an affiliate of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Veterinary Clinic in Murchison, Texas. In this position you will assist veterinary staff in collecting and logging medical information, keeping inventory, performing administrative tasks, conducting data entry and maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in the exam and operating rooms. You will also assist in preparing clinical equipment, supplies and lab materials. Finally, you will assist with the onboarding and training of interns.
This position will be responsible for:
- Recording and filing medical records, logging medication and supplies, controlled drugs, and keeping accurate records of inventory;
- Processing hospital data including bills, invoices, laboratory samples, and Coggins forms;
- Researching, procuring, and sourcing medical products and equipment;
- Assisting veterinarian with medical procedures and animal husbandry in the hospital;
- Maintaining hospital cleanliness by cleaning, organizing, and sanitizing the procedure rooms, surgical environment, instruments, equipment, and laundry;
- Liaising with sales and customer service representatives and communicating with animal care staff to coordinate medication delivery for animals;
- Receiving, copying, and maintaining expense accounts for the Director of Veterinary Medicine, BBR;
- Participating in the preparation of lab samples, and the set up and breakdown of animal procedures;
- Coordinating equipment maintenance as needed;
- Coordinating intern arrival and initial training of hospital procedures;
- Performing other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associates in Science or higher degree preferred;
- 5 years of previous administrative experience;
- Customer service skills preferred;
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain up-to-date rabies prophylaxis and titer and TB testing;
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, travel as needed, and be on call for center emergencies;
- A valid driver’s license is required and a clean driving record is strongly preferred, with the ability to demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record while employed;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive;
- Ability to multitask and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments;
- Ability to exercise judgment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a team environment;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
This position is located in Murchison, Texas.
**The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
- Murchison, TX, USA