Office Manager, Black Beauty Ranch
Murchison, TX, USA Req #836
Monday, November 7, 2022
Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch, (CABBR) an affiliate of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), is seeking an Office Manager in Murchison, Texas. In this position you will provide administrative functions, accounting, and store management for CABBR. Oversees volunteer recruitment and onboarding.
This position will be responsible for:
• Handling accounts payable for CABBR, including vendor relations, documentation, reconciliations, coding, tracking, and sending to corporate for processing;
• Handling accounts receivable for the ranch, including reconciliations, desktop deposits, revenue reports, and processing of donations, sales, and volunteer/intern hours;
• Managing the ranch gift shop including researching and ordering merchandise, setting prices, administering point-of-sale system, training and supervising volunteers and staff, maintaining storefront, and conducting sales;
• Handling credit card reconciliations and assisting staff with purchasing and keeping within limits;
• Overseeing volunteer program including recruitment, online presence, background checks, documentation, orientations, tracking hours, newsletter, and ensuring volunteer needs are met;
• Assisting with annual budget planning and keeping budget records;
• Assisting Outreach Coordinator with communications, social media, volunteer requests, and events;
• Supervising, interns, volunteers, and other staff as needed;
• Performing other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or another related field, or equivalent work experience, required;
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in accounting or another related field required;
• Ability to lead and guide staff to meet department and organizational goals. Strong knowledge of staff management practices. Flexible, willing to learn, and anticipates the needs of self and staff;
• Ability to set a positive tone for employees during their day;
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive;
• Ability to manage issues requiring problem resolution and conflict management with excellent interpersonal and intervention skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Attention to detail and commitment to excellence, demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
• Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
This position is located in Murchison, Texas.
**The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
- Murchison, TX, USA