Equine Caregiver I, Black Beauty Ranch
Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch, an affiliate of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), is seeking a full-time Equine Caregiver I in Murchison, TX. Your main responsibility will be to provide care to animals at CABBR within our Equine division.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing and administering feed and maintaining prescribed diet for animals; Assisting in ordering and maintaining food inventory;
- Providing daily care and observation of animals, including grooming and corralling as in keeping with seasonally changing needs;
- Maintaining logs and databases of daily care, feeding, husbandry, animal locations, and body conditions;
- Cleaning and providing daily upkeep for enclosures, habitats, and office areas;
- Maintaining and repairing enclosures, pastures, and habitats including mowing, landscaping, and assistance with construction of new facilities;
- Preparing and implementing behavioral management and enrichment programs;
- Applying classical conditioning and positive reinforcement techniques to train animals for feeding, sociability, and willingness to accept medical treatment;
- Dispensing prescriptions as directed and assisting with ordering and maintaining medical inventory;
- Providing basic first aid, therapeutic, and rehabilitative care to animals;
- Assisting the Veterinary team with procedures, animal transport, and chemical capture as appropriate;
- Assisting with overseeing interns and volunteers in equine department, including reporting and handling concerns and providing mentorship;
- Performing other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- One (1) year of experience in animal care preferred;
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain up-to-date rabies prophylaxis and titer and TB testing;
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule;
- Proficiency of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and resume together as one document.
This position is located in Murchison, TX.
The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
- Murchison, TX, USA