Business Office Administrator
Location: Rochester, NY (Hybrid onsite/remote opportunity)
Are you a forward thinker who actively seeks opportunities and provides solutions? Do you have strong project management skills? Do you have experience in a legal or professional services profession in recruiting or Executive administrative assisting? Are you excited about the opportunity to join an innovative, growing law firm that has been successful for more than 165 years?
This position will work with the Chief Administrative Officer as a key member of the lateral partner recruiting, integration and transition team and will be responsible for executive level administrative assistant responsibilities. You will thrive in this role if you have:
- Sound judgment, a sense of accountability for working independently and proactively when decision making, and determination to work efficiently with competing project deadlines
- Exceptional sense of intuition and follow-through and who brings positive, high-energy to their work
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication, including excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation
The Business Office Administrator is expected to coordinate and facilitate the interview process for the later partner recruitment, correspond directly with stakeholders, and complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chief Administrative Officer. Do you have the drive and desire to:
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the Chief Administrative Officer and internal departments; demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Support partner recruiting, onboarding, integration and transitions through collaboration with HR, Finance, IT, Business Development and operations team
- Maintain and update recruitment and tracking databases, systems, and documents as well as applicant information, records, and files to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; complete expense reports; compose and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compile documents for travel-related meetings; assist with lateral recruitment tracking and partner transitions; plan and execute firm events and initiatives, etc.
- Respond to a high volume of internal and external business and administrative inquiries; transmit messages accurately and promptly
Harris Beach recognizes everyone has a right to be included. You will be successful in your career at the firm if you:
- Possess the ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrate you can achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Believe in the firm’s core values: integrity, support, ingenuity, teamwork, and inclusion
- Enjoy working with diverse personalities within various levels of the firm
- Are comfortable working in the office on a hybrid basis. Due to the nature of the responsibilities in this role, this individual will be required to work in the office, part-time
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates with varied backgrounds and skills, including military experience. Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly