Defense Litigation Attorney - Asbestos
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid remote opportunity)
Description: We are seeking an associate to add to our Mass Torts and Industry-Wide Litigation team to support our growing business, with a specific focus on our asbestos litigation practice. Given the global nature of our firm and broad reach of practice, this role will involve working collaboratively with colleagues across multiple offices. This position is responsible for representing asbestos defendants in a variety of industries in state and federal courts throughout the country, coordinating with co-counsel in various jurisdiction.
- Take and defend depositions on a regular basis
- Research various issues and collaborate with senior attorneys in developing proactive defense strategies
- Navigate claims through resolution by dismissal, settlement, motion practice, or trial
- Draft memoranda, pleadings, motions, etc.
- Represent clients at courtroom appearances
- 3+ years of deposition and courtroom experience in toxic tort matters required; preference for those with specific asbestos defense experience
- Must be admitted in New York AND New Jersey
- Familiarity with Zoom, MS Teams, and other video conferencing platforms to participate in depositions, court conferences, and meetings
- Must have ability to travel for in person depositions and court conferences, including overnight, as needed
- Excellent research skills, writing skills and verbal communication required
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Demonstrated high level organizational skills for prioritizing workload
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, process and understand, new information rapidly
- Must be able to manage competing priorities
- Maintains high standards of performance
- Exhibit conscientiousness, dedication, self-discipline, and a sense of responsibility
- Must have a professional, cooperative, positive and flexible attitude
- Military experience welcome
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates.
Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $140,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $170,000.00