Project Manager/Owner's Representative
Pittsford, NY 14534, USA Req #191
Friday, June 25, 2021
Founded in 1856, Harris Beach and its subsidiaries provide a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally and internationally. Harris Beach is among the country’s top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal. Clients include Fortune 100 corporations, privately-held companies, emerging businesses, public sector entities, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Principal industries Harris Beach represents include education, energy, financial, food and beverage, health care, insurance, manufacturing, medical and life sciences, real estate developers, and state and local governments and authorities. The firm’s more than 200 lawyers practice among offices throughout New York state in Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca, New York City, Rochester, Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Uniondale, Washington, D.C. and White Plains, as well as in New Haven, Connecticut and Newark, New Jersey.
Description: The Project Manager / Owner’s Representative's (PM/OR) primary responsibility is to manage all aspects of a construction project on behalf of the Owner as the Owner’s authorized representative.
- Develop, monitor and review project budgets.
- Develop, monitor and review project schedules.
- Monitor the design and construction of the project.
- Review and track progress billings, project invoices and change orders.
- Coordinate with project team members, clients, vendors and professionals.
- Manage and support ongoing project communications and action lists.
- Manage specific pieces of the larger project (i.e. FF&E and other Contracts).
- Review and track submittals, RFI’s, responses and approvals.
- Coordinate, participate, and/or lead project meetings.
- Assist with permitting issues for local, state and federal requirements to ensure all permits are secured for projects.
- Perform on-site inspections for quality of work, quality of materials, conformity with plans and specifications, code compliance, on site safety and general progress of the construction.
- Maintain observation logs including work progress, methods, contractors on site, weather, and photographs.
- Support the development and distribution of weekly project updates, including photographs of progress.
- Support the process of design development for various projects.
- Support the review and investigation of building and municipal code for various projects.
- Accurately and efficiently support the gathering and document existing field conditions.
- Accurately and efficiently support the preparation of presentation drawings and similar materials.
- Accurately and efficiently provide information to team to assist with the preparation of CAD based construction documents and specifications.
- Support the process of revisions, supplemental design information and CAD based drawing development for various projects.
- Support the review of product submissions, shop drawings, work scopes and estimates.
- Experience with Health Care Planning, Design and Construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Architecture or equivalent experience required
- 5-10+ years’ experience preferred as Project Manager
- Strong leadership skills / Experience in Leadership Position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MS Project a must; AutoCAD a plus
- Good design, technical and organizational skills
- General understanding of building code
- General understanding of building construction and associated systems design
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, handle multiple projects and respond to change
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Architectural design and preparation of construction documents a plus
- Valid New York State driver’s license required
- Military experience welcome
Harris Beach and its subsidiaries are committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Harris Beach PLLC and it's subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
The firm’s policy prohibiting unlawful discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, compensation & benefits and termination. It is the policy of Harris Beach PLLC that all applicants and employees enjoy a positive, respectful and productive work environment, free from behavior, actions or language constituting unlawful harassment. Accordingly, harassment or discrimination of any kind based on an individual’s race or color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, creed, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status is strictly prohibited. Harris Beach complies with the provisions of the Human Rights Law, all other State and Federal statutory and constitutional non-discrimination provisions including non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
- Pay Type Salary