Substance Use Disorder Counselor - 6th Street Residential
HealthRIGHT 360 gives hope, builds health, and changes lives for people in need by providing comprehensive, integrated, compassionate care that includes primary medical care, mental health services, and substance use disorder treatment.
HealthRIGHT 360 offers residential treatment services designed to serve individuals and families with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our program helps clients address addiction and related issues, increase skills, manage stressors, connect to supportive service, and build a foundation for lasting recovery. Residential programs run 24/7 and Individual and group therapy, family therapy, individualized case management, treatment planning, drug and alcohol counseling, Medication support services, and crisis intervention.
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
HealthRIGHT 360 is a 200 bed residential facility for adult men who are in custody and on parole. We provide comprehensive substance use disorder and mental health services. Treatment episode ranges in time from 6 months to 12 months. HealthRight 360 is a fast-based environment where communication is paramount in order to provide cutting edge services to men in a residential treatment setting as well as their families. Our goal is to reintegrate persons served back into the community with the necessary skills to remain substance and crime free.
Substance Use Disorder Counselor provides clinical services to a caseload of 15 adult males from the criminal justice system. The services are included but not limited to intake, assessment, treatment planning, individual and group counseling, psycho education, relapse prevention, crisis intervention and case management.
- Conduct initial assessments and evaluations for the development of treatment plan.
- Provide individual counseling sessions, group facilitation of various evidence based curriculum.
- Works as part of a treatment team in collaboration with other team members.
- Participates in team meetings to provide information and make recommendations for treatment and transition planning.
- Performs floor duties in the milieu that include (but are not limited to) assisting clients in coordinating outside appointments and transportation, overseeing client participation in program activities, and mediating client conflict when it arises.
- Document individual and group services delivered in various electronic systems in accordance with guidelines established by HealthRIGHT 360 to satisfy internal and external evaluating requirements.
- Serves a caseload of 15 clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor or SUD Registered.
- At least 1 year of experience working in the substance abuse treatment field.
- Experience in culturally diverse substance abuse populations with co-occurring mental health and criminal justice.
- Excellent writing and computer skills.
- Must be open to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to clear a live scan.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In compliance with the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are available.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA