Substance Use Counselor I/II - Outpatient Program
HealthRIGHT 360 gives hope, builds health, and changes lives for people in need by providing comprehensive, integrated, compassionate care that includes primary medical care, mental health services, and substance use disorder treatment. Our Outpatient services specialize in treatment mental health and substance use disorders with treatment and skills groups, as well as community resources.
Outpatient programs provide trauma-informed care aimed at reducing the harmful impacts of substance use. Participants and their counselors work collaboratively to design an integrated, individualized, strengths-based treatment experience geared towards addressing each client’s specific needs and goals. Outpatient programs provide Individual and group therapy, individualized case management, treatment planning, drug and alcohol counseling, crisis intervention, and connection to social support services.
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
This is a union position.
HealthRIGHT 360 has provided outpatient services for behavioral health disorders since 1985. The San Francisco Outpatient Program is specifically designed for people who struggle with substance use disorders, mental health issue/co-occurring disorders, and criminal justice involvement. The Outpatient Program works with high-risk populations from a variety of backgrounds providing trauma-informed care aimed at reducing the harmful impacts of substance use. Our programs are open and welcoming to adult participants of any gender identity. We accept the majority of participants who seek Outpatient treatment, including walk-in’s, referrals from other agencies, and step-down transitional clients from residential treatment programs. Participants and their counselors work collaboratively to design an integrated, individualized, strengths-based treatment experience geared towards addressing each client’s specific needs and goals. HealthRIGHT 360 adheres to all city, county, state, and federal guidelines regard COVID-19.
Substance Use Counselor's are responsible for assessing client needs and strengths in support of health and recovery. Through counseling in individual and group settings, delivering curricula in accordance with program specific requirements and case management, and assist clients in navigating systems of care while providing a supportive treatment environment.
- Works as part of an integrated, multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Maintains an assigned caseload of clients seeking substance use treatment and mental health treatment.
- Conducts face-to-face assessments, individual counseling sessions, and progress reviews with each client.
- Utilizes principles of a trauma-informed care and harm reduction to attend to client milieu.
- Facilitates group counseling sessions focused on substance use recovery, trauma recovery, addressing mental health symptoms, and other personal change topics.
- Proactively links clients with available internal and external resources to develop/maintain treatment plans, transition plans, progress notes and appropriate updates in support of the health and recovery needs of each caseload client.
- Attends regular trainings, meetings, and events related to furthering professional development.
- Responsible for documenting all individual and group counseling sessions.
- Maintains accurate records by data entering documentation into various electronic systems for all caseload clients in accordance with guidelines established by HealthRIGHT 360 to satisfy internal and external evaluating requirements.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience Required:
- Registration or Certification with drug and alcohol counseling organization recognized by DHCS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Background Clearance Required:
- Must not be on active parole or probation.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and internet applications.
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers to economic self sufficiency.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Action oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations.
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.
- Knowledge of co-occurring disorders and trauma informed treatment.
- Knowledge of Clinical documentation (treatment plans, progress notes etc.).
- Experience working with criminal justice population.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In compliance with the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are available.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $28.00
- Max Hiring Rate $33.00
- 1563 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA