Medical Assistant - ICC (Full-Time)
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
The Medical Assistant is a key member of the Clinic Care Team and as
such, performs clinical and administrative tasks consistent with
HealthRIGHT 360 policies and protocols. Duties include preparing
treatment rooms, assisting physicians with examination materials,
instruments and equipment, maintaining supply inventories, and
performing laboratory tests including phlebotomy and providing case
management follow-up with patients.
Medical Responsibilities: Assist
clinicians in the examination process. Perform office tests including
vision screening, spirometry, EKG, rapid strep, UA and urine pregnancy
tests. Perform phlebotomy, injections, TB tests, breathing treatments.
Preparation Responsibilities: Perform
intake, including vital signs, list chief complaints, allergies,
immunization histories and complete chart forms, as appropriate to
patient type. Place patients in rooms and prepare them for
examination. Clean, prepare and stock examination rooms.
Coordination Responsibilities: Receive and return telephone call from patients and pharmacies. Assist in scheduling specialty appointments and consultations. Monitor and ensure quality assurance of basic clinic functions. Oversee patient flow and ensure smooth, efficient patient flow throughout patient’s clinic experience.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience:
Required: High School Graduate or Equivalent, Minimum of 2 years related experience, or Graduation from a certified Medical Assistant program.
Desired: Commitment to working with the uninsured and
marginalized populations including the homeless, mentally ill, substance
users and HIV/AIDS clients.
Background Clearance Required:
- Must not be on active parole or probation
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and internet applications.
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers to economic self sufficiency.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Action oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations.
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Excellent phlebotomy skill with certification.
- BLS certification (must obtain upon hire).
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $26.44
- Max Hiring Rate $26.44
- San Francisco, CA, USA