Facilitator/Clinician - AARS
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
Are you an empathetic person who loves helping others through challenges? Are you passionate about providing underserved populations with behavioral healthcare that is dignified, empathetic, and nonjudgmental? Are you a confident leader as well as an excellent listener?
Then come join our team of innovative behavioral healthcare workers who are dedicated to giving hope, building health, and changing lives for those in need. As a Facilitator/Clinician for Project ENSURE, your primary task will be leading behavioral health classes onsite at two Santa Clara County jails (Elmwood Correctional Complex, Milpitas, and Santa Clara County Main Jail, Downtown San Jose) for incarcerated participants who are motivated to make positive changes in their lives.
By engaging participants in these classes, you will help them develop emotional tools that are universally useful at any point in their lives. These skills can help participants cope with stressors of incarceration, handle emotional issues that arise as they transition back to their communities after incarceration, and prevent a return to criminal behavior in the future. Your work within Project ENSURE will help prevent recidivism (i.e., return to incarceration) and improve the health and wellbeing of the participants and our communities.
You will also have the benefit of working with a team of enthusiastic, experienced professionals who will provide clinical supervision to help you grow and will work with you to create a flexible schedule that works for your life.
NOTE ON COVID-19 MEASURES: Interviews for this position will take place remotely over Zoom. Currently, the tasks of this position are to be performed remotely and will be until public health authorities deem congregate living settings to be safe for visitation. HealthRIGHT 360 and AARS care deeply about the safety of our employees and we strive to provide healthy working conditions for all staff.
- Facilitate and engage participants in behavioral health classes utilizing evidence-based curricula (such as Seeking Safety, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention, Interactive Journaling Life Skills, and others).
- Welcome new participants and orient them to Project ENSURE.
- Consistently uphold program standards when working with clients.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation of services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education, Certifications, and Registrations:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) registration or certification and/or Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) registration.
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified within sixty (60) days of employment.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- At least two (2) years of experience providing behavioral health counseling and treatment services.
- Desired: at least two (2) years of experience providing services for criminal justice–involved individuals, including in custodial settings.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of theoretical orientations (e.g., trauma-informed service delivery, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy).
- Knowledge of cultural stigmas surrounding counseling and treatment services.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of social work, crisis intervention, client-centered counseling, and group facilitation.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule; some evenings and weekends required.
- Ability to utilize supervision and build on skills critical to the job functions.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and efficiently use time to complete all duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Desired: bilingual in one or more of the County threshold languages, including Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
- Must pass Department of Justice Live Scan clearances.
- Must not be on active parole or probation.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.63
- Max Hiring Rate $31.25
- San Jose, CA 95122, USA