Registered Dental Hygenist
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
The HealthRIGHT 360 Integrated Care Center (ICC) provides medical, dental, and behavioral health services to those who are suffering from homelessness, addiction, mental illness, and physical disease. We provide holistic care based on harm reduction and trauma informed care models. We serve under served and marginalized populations, including those who have a history of substance use disorder, have been incarcerated, are homeless, and may have co-occurring disorders. The ICC is a fast-paced clinic environment that strives to provide an ideal integrated care model that addresses the clients health as well as psychosocial needs.
Under the supervision of a Dentist in a clinical setting and using established dental hygiene protocols and procedures, the Dental Hygienist provides professional, high-quality dental care and education to a broad range of patients. Administration of anesthetic is under the direct supervision of a dentist or physician.
· Provides high-quality dental hygiene care within the scope of service consistent with accepted standards of care;
· Evaluates patients and implements treatment regimens under the general supervision of the Dentist.
· Provides complete documentation of all findings, treatments and outcomes;
· Initiates oral health education and prevention activities;
· Reviews and interprets patient dental records;
· Works cooperatively with other Dental Program staff;
· Helps out where needed to ensure smooth, efficient running of Dental Program; and
· Participates in the ongoing evaluation of Dental Program operations to assure the delivery of high-quality services that support the financial sustainability of the program.
· Assesses dental conditions and risk, uses patient screening procedures, including medical history review, dental charting and perio-charting; takes patient vital signs as required;
· Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures, such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants, fluorides and varnishes and related procedures;
· Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients; performs patient education and risk protocols, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a dentist;
· Provides chair-side assistance to the dentist in the performance of special tests, procedures and complex treatments;
· Makes impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts;
· Documents dental history of chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate; documents lab procedures and ensure follow-up on result
· Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse development during treatment of patients;
· Initiates patient care as appropriate for walk-in patients;
· Participates in Quality Improvement activities as requested by the Dentist/Clinical Dental;
· Assists in the preparation of patient care areas, and in the patient admission, transfer and discharge process, as required; prepares reports and assists as required with patient reception, telephone calls, routine triage and other office duties;
· Scans reception room for patients;
· Assumes responsibility for the upkeep of the dental operatory and equipment;
· Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of dental equipment in assigned operatories and for the assigned equipment. Regularly and thoroughly performs maintenance of assigned equipment;
· Uses downtime to clean and restock operatories; and
· Performs miscellaneous duties within the Dental Program as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Registered dental hygienist (RDH) from an accredited program with a current license to practice in the state of California.
· Current CPR certification.
· Pursues appropriate CEUs as required to maintain licensure and stay abreast of advances in the field of dentistry, especially in areas related to the scope of dental hygiene practice
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $47.00
- Max Hiring Rate $53.00
- San Francisco, CA, USA