Registered Dental Assistant - On Call
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
The HealthRIGHT 360 Integrated Care Center (ICC) provides medical, dental, and behavioral health services to those who are suffering from homelessness, addiction, mental illness, and physical disease. We provide holistic care based on harm reduction and trauma informed care models. We serve under served and marginalized populations, including those who have a history of substance use disorder, have been incarcerated, are homeless, and may have co-occurring disorders. The ICC is a fast-paced clinic environment that strives to provide an ideal integrated care model that addresses the clients health as well as psychosocial needs.
Under the general supervision of a Dentist in a clinical setting, assists the dentist in providing dental treatment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assists in the provision of high-quality care within the scope of service consistent with accepted standards of care for dental assistants.
• Prepares each operatory and patient for treatment.
• Takes and prepares radiographs using digital technology.
• Provides active chairside assistance to the Dentist and anticipates the provider’s needs.
• At the conclusion of patient care, assists the patient, clears the work site and prepares for the next patient.
• Monitors the flow of laboratory cases.
• Monitors and records sterilization cycles.
• Maintains and inventories supplies.
• Helps to manage patient flow in clinic.
• Follows proper infection control protocols for the practice and participates in the ongoing evaluation of Dental Program operations to assure the delivery of high-quality services that support the financial sustainability of the program.
Performance expectations—all Dental Assistants:
• Prepares and maintains dental instruments, supplies and equipment.
• Prepares the operatory for the patient visit.
• Seats patient in chair and explains procedures to be performed.
• Collects and records patient health histories.
• Drapes patient with protective linens and sets up instrument tray containing instruments, suction, gauze and other required supplies.
• Prepares dental materials—cements, amalgams, composites, impression materials, etc.
• Takes and prepares radiographs using conventional or digital technology and following proper radiation safety precautions.
• Assists with dental charting as appropriate.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- • High School Diploma or GED • CPR/BLS certification • Radiology certificate (X-ray license) • Registered Dental Assistant certificate • Infection control course certificate Additional, but not required: • Coronal Polishing certificate • Pit and Fissure Sealants certificate • Fluent Spanish language skills is highly desired
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $26.00
- Max Hiring Rate $28.00
- San Francisco, CA, USA