Call Center - Call Center Agent
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
This is a union position.
To provide excellent customer service to both external and internal clients, answer high volume of calls, schedule medical, dental, and behavioral health appointments, provide support to clinic, direct phone inquiries to appropriate departments, and provide program information to all callers.
Incoming calls: Answers a high volume of calls and schedules appointments for all patients with a high degree of accuracy. Knowledgeable of primary medical care, behavioral, and dental services to provide accurate information to all callers. Maintains average call time and call volume as indicated in call center guidelines. Monitors incoming calls, and works with Call Center Manager to minimize abandoned call rates. Knowledgeable about insurances and funding programs, such as MediCal, MediCare, Healthy San Francisco, Family PACT, and commercial insurances. Communicates sliding fee scale policies to patients appropriately. Communicates clearly on the phone and accurately documents and assigns messages and faxes. Confirms and updates contact information for all patients at every contact.
Outgoing calls: Makes follow-up calls for any messages left. Completes robust confirmation calls for all next day appointments. Robust confirmation calls include confirming reason for visit, necessity of visit, appointment time, appointment provider, verification of insurance, notification of any co-pays, deductibles, share of costs, or payments due, and any paperwork that may be needed to be completed. Assist with scheduling changes by contacting patients to reschedule appointments.
Documentation Responsibilities: Accurately documents and routinely updates required patient information in electronic health record system. Documents billing notes and general medical appointment reminders in the appointment screen, as well as in the patient information screens. Collects and verifies contact information at every call. Enters patient insurance information for patients, and verifies eligibility with patient. Documents appointment visit status, including rescheduled, cancelled, confirmed, left voice message, or any other status appropriately.
Customer Service: All communications, both internal and external, must be delivered with excellent customer service. Must be courteous and professional for all patient interactions. Must talk to patients and clients in a caring and non-judgmental manner. Must be able to deliver care in a culturally and linguistic sensitive manner. Must ensure to use patient’s preferred name and pronouns. Must adhere to scripted phrases, welcoming patients and thanking them for their phone calls. Listens and documents patient complaints, and routs calls to appropriate staff for swift resolution.
And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience in front desk reception, administrative and/or customer service.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor, and can discreetly handle sensitive and confidential information and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, listening, speaking and written communication skills.
- Ability to assist callers in an approachable and welcoming manner.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and types of employees, management, clients and guests.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work well independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail-oriented.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications(Excel, Outlook and Word), specifically Word Outlook and internet applications.
- Experience working with staff and volunteers.
- Working knowledge of computerized medical scheduling and billing systems.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work independently and strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to working with diverse communities, including communities of color, homelessness, and users of illegal substances, HIV/AIDS patients and persons with mental health concerns.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 years experience working in a medical setting (or call center), preferably in a community clinic with medical experience.
- Familiarity with other community agencies in the Bay Area to make appropriate referrals.
- Understanding of harm reduction philosophy and ability to provide non-judgmental, client-centered services.
- Bilingual language capacity (Spanish/English).
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- San Francisco, CA, USA