Licensed Vocational Nurse (JH Detox)
HealthRIGHT 360 gives hope, builds health, and changes lives for people in need by providing comprehensive, integrated, compassionate care that includes primary medical care, mental health services, and substance use disorder treatment.
HealthRIGHT 360 offers residential treatment services designed to serve individuals and families with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our program helps clients address addiction and related issues, increase skills, manage stressors, connect to supportive service, and build a foundation for lasting recovery. Residential programs run 24/7 and Individual and group therapy, family therapy, individualized case management, treatment planning, drug and alcohol counseling, Medication support services, and crisis intervention.
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
815 Buena Vista West residential is a dual-diagnosis, gender-inclusive withdrawal management and residential treatment program located next to Buena Vista Park in San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury district. It is a 108-bed trauma-informed program staffed by an interdisciplinary clinical team of substance abuse counselors and therapists working in coordination with medical and psychiatry services. 815 utilizes evidence-based curricula to provide group counseling, individual counseling, psychotherapy, and a community concept to care for some of San Francisco’s most vulnerable adults. Our goal is to serve clients in an environment where they feel supported and accepted so they can begin their recovery in a safe and peaceful setting.
The LVN leads the Health and Wellness team in collaboration with the Addiction Medicine team in the provision of treatment with Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) for clients with Opiate Use Disorder (OUD), Alcohol Use Disorder, and other Substance Use Disorders (SUD). Provides support of treatment adherence via client education that assists them in developing strategies for taking their medication regularly and effectively. Coordinates care for the client with the residential behavioral health team, the addiction medicine team, primary care, and other internal and external healthcare resources for the client. Utilizes the Nursing Process, Harm Reduction, and Trauma Informed Care modalities in all actions taken to advocate for and support the client in their planning and goals.
- Works collaboratively with all Health and Wellness staff.
- Monitors patient vitals and medication use and helps to mitigate risk to patient by flagging high dose medications and potential medication interactions to the Director of Addiction Medicine.
- Supports Medication Assisted Treatment through counseling, education, and administration of injectable medications under
- the supervision of the addiction provider and standing orders.
- Provides appropriate client care education and counseling.
- Provides complex care and care coordination for all clients accessing healthcare services internal and external to HealthRIGHT 360.
- Works closely with stat collecting and reporting contractual data as necessary.
- Functions as a nurse within the scope of California BRN licensure and credentialing and privileging of the agency.
- Morning Shift (7am-3:30pm), Swing Shift (3pm-11:30pm) and Overnight Shift (11pm-7:30am) are available
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Active California RN/LVN license.
- BSN or equivalent degree.
- BLS Certification or must obtain within 30 days of hire.
- 1-2 years or equivalent experience, interest in working with homeless populations and in treating Opiate Use Disorder and other Substance Use Disorders.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications -- Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, and other internet applications.
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers to economic self sufficiency.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In compliance with the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are available.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $34.00
- Max Hiring Rate $40.00
- San Francisco, CA 94117, USA