Licensed Clinical Supervisor - MLK Behavioral Health
HealthRIGHT 360 gives hope, builds health, and changes lives for people in need by providing comprehensive, integrated, compassionate care that includes primary medical care, mental health services, and substance use disorder treatment.
HealthRIGHT 360 offers residential treatment services designed to serve individuals and families with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our program helps clients address addiction and related issues, increase skills, manage stressors, connect to supportive service, and build a foundation for lasting recovery. Residential programs run 24/7 and Individual and group therapy, family therapy, individualized case management, treatment planning, drug and alcohol counseling, Medication support services, and crisis intervention.
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
The Clinical Supervisor must be a LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, or PsyD with license through Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) or the California Board of Psychology (CBP) and preferably a minimum of three years’ experience providing supervision to direct service providers in comparable size agencies with similar clients.
As per contract, all staff hired MUST be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and when eligible, receive their booster shot.
Prototypes, a program of HealthRIGHT 360’s residential substance use disorder (SUD) program is a new program contracted with Department of Public Health’s (DPH) Substance Abuse Prevention and Control (SAPC) program for residential drug Medi-Cal (DMC) services for up to 99 adult men and women: 33 that are for men who are judicially involved, 33 for men, and 33 for women. The BHC’s residential DMC program will employ 100 people and works closely with the other BHC programs to provide a continuum of services for low income/Medi-Cal population. The program is located on the campus of Martin Luther King Jr. Hospital in the Willowbrook area of South Los Angeles and will serve all LA County residents.
The Licensed Clinical Supervisor is a licensed clinician maintaining a valid BBS or CPB license. The Licensed Clinical Supervisor supervises and manages staff to ensure provision of quality client care and effective team performance to meet agency goals in accordance with HealthRIGHT 360’s philosophy, goals, policies, mission and vision. The Licensed Clinical Supervisor is responsible for overseeing client care as it relates to staff scheduling, outside agency relations, and other tasks as assigned by the Manager, as well as other daily activities essential to incorporating the agencies mission and values as a part of our service delivery.
People Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing direct supervision, training, and guidance to the direct service staff assigned.
- Ensures all direct reports are in compliance with HR 360 policies, procedures and position expectations and performance goals.
- Gives ongoing feedback and conducts formal performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Identifies the direct reports strengths and weaknesses and strives to develop each direct report to their fullest potential.
- Delivers and arranges trainings and resources required for direct reports to perform their roles.
- Provides coaching, support, and performance management to direct reports to ensure productivity/client care expectations are met.
- Supports the manager in interviewing, selection, hiring and terminations for positions within program.
- Responsible for direct report performance management including, performance improvement plans, formal written warning notices.
- Supports the manager in terminations of direct reports as needed.
- Maintains open communication with the Manager concerning employee matters/needs and seeks consultation when needed.
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating team meetings as applicable to support client care and staff development.
Treatment Oversight Responsibilities:
- Responsible for clinical and administrative oversight of all treatment services provided by direct reports within scope of practice.
- Responsible for ensuring that direct reports provide strengths based, trauma informed, and culturally competent services.
- Responsible for ensuring that all treatment services are provided in an ethical and legal manner.
- Responsible for reviewing clinical documentation and providing co-signature as applicable.
- Responsible for all direct reports submitting documentation in accordance with program requirements and in compliance with all compliance and regulatory requirements and agency’s policies and procedures. This includes timeliness of documentation with progress notes being completed no later than the following business day, assessments, treatment plans, and discharges occur on time.
- Responsible for identifying treatment oversight needs for the team and communicating the needs to the Manager.
- Assumes ownership for any crisis situation as it relates to service delivery and sees it through to completion. This may include: consultation, direct service, crisis intervention, ensuring proper documentation, on-call duties, and LPS responsibilities as applicable.
- Facilitates and assists with client case conferences as applicable.
- Ensures that team communicates and collaborative with all members of the behavioral health team including: medical, mental health, psychiatry, substance abuse staff and others.
- Responsible for ensuring that all treatment service plans and activities are executed in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision and strategy.
- Responsible for maintaining team productivity and contract utilization.
- In collaboration with management, develops and maintains good relations with contractors and other collaborators to ensure program continuation within assigned program.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all programmatic or project contractual requirements.
- Ensures all direct reports remain in compliance with policies and procedures as it relates to day to day program operations in collaboration with the Managers, QI and EHR staff.
- Responsible for direct report’s and team’s performance. Team performance includes: productivity, contract utilization, and the quality of services provided by the team.
- Consults and collaborates with the manager concerning client assignment and workload distribution across the team.
- Direct Service as necessary and within scope of practice, which may include: crisis intervention, assessments, individual services, group services, case conferences, and treatment plans as assigned by the manager.
- Assumes ownership for any crisis situation as it relates to service delivery and sees it through to completion.
- Assist in crisis and symptom management within assigned programs by providing 24 hour 7 day per week after-hours coverage and/or on-call supervision on rotation with other clinicians. LPS certification required within 6 months of hire and LPS on-call rotation required.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Registration as Substance Abuse Counselor from an approved/accredited California agency.
- Preferably a minimum of two years’ experience in the human service field and demonstrated expertise in substance abuse treatment, relapse prevention, and recovery.
- Experience working with clients experiencing acute withdrawal from substances.
- Knowledge of and experience with providing trauma informed services.
- Experience delivering evidence-based practices.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In compliance with the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are available.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA