MLK BHC Residential - Overnight SUD Counselor I
HealthRIGHT 360 gives hope, builds health, and changes lives for people in need by providing comprehensive, integrated, compassionate care that includes primary medical care, mental health services, and substance use disorder treatment.
HealthRIGHT 360 offers residential treatment services designed to serve individuals and families with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our program helps clients address addiction and related issues, increase skills, manage stressors, connect to supportive service, and build a foundation for lasting recovery. Residential programs run 24/7 and Individual and group therapy, family therapy, individualized case management, treatment planning, drug and alcohol counseling, Medication support services, and crisis intervention.
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
This is a union position.
The SUD Counselor I must be registered as a Substance Abuse Counselor from an approved/accredited California agency with preferably a minimum of two years’ experience in the human service field and demonstrated expertise in substance abuse treatment, relapse prevention, and recovery.
As per contract, all staff hired MUST be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and when eligible, receive their booster shot.
Prototypes, a program of HealthRIGHT 360’s residential substance use disorder (SUD) program is a new program contracted with Department of Public Health’s (DPH) Substance Abuse Prevention and Control (SAPC) program for residential drug Medi-Cal (DMC) services for up to 99 adult men and women: 33 that are for men who are judicially involved, 33 for men, and 33 for women. The BHC’s residential DMC program will employ 100 people and works closely with the other BHC programs to provide a continuum of services for low income/Medi-Cal population. The program is located on the campus of Martin Luther King Jr. Hospital in the Willowbrook area of South Los Angeles and will serve all LA County residents.
The SUD Counselor I (Floor Staff/Food Tech) is a registered substance use disorder professional who maintains registration from an approved/accredited California agency. The SUD Counselor I works in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure best possible treatment outcome for the client and provide treatment in accordance with HealthRIGHT 360’s philosophy, goals, policies, mission and vision. The SUD Counselor I provides supervision and oversite of the clients throughout the facility with shifts ranging to provide 24/7 coverage. SUD Counselor I provides facility coverage by supervising the clients during chores, visiting hours, meal times, medication line, detox, donations, groups, and free time. The SUD Counselor I is customer service focused and frequently provides crisis intervention and client stabilization. The SUD Counselor I has a high degree of self-awareness and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Knowledge issues of related to substance abuse, mental health, and criminal background.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and internet applications.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative -Strong computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills -Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Action oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations.
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Registration as Substance Abuse Counselor from an approved/accredited California agency.
- Preferably a minimum of two years’ experience in the human service field and demonstrated expertise in substance abuse treatment, relapse prevention, and recovery.
- Experience working with clients experiencing acute withdrawal from substances.
- Knowledge of and experience with providing trauma informed services.
- Experience delivering evidence-based practices.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In compliance with the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are available.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $21.00
- Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA