Life Coach/Intensive Case Manager - SVIP
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
This is a union position.
The San Francisco Street Violence Intervention Program (SFSVIP) is a street outreach and crisis response program created to reduce and intervene in youth related street violence for the City and County of San Francisco. San Francisco street violence refers to any severe conflict perpetuated by rival territories and may be initiated by turfs or other street associations’ rivalry . The SFSVIP is a part of San Francisco’s Street Violence Response Team (SVRT) which brings together and organizes multiple partnerships to sustain a long-term reduction in street violence. The SVIP aims to ultimately create safer and healthier environments for all San Franciscans regardless of their socio-economic status, gender, race, cultural background, age, or sexual orientation.
Life Coaches/ Intensive Case Managers for CAL VIP grant are primarily responsible for helping to reduce gun violence in the City. Intensive Life Coaches are assigned to work with the young adults in the City who have been identified as being at very high risk of being involved in gun violence in District 10 of San Francisco. Life Coaches work primarily with young men age 18-35; who have extensive criminal justice involvement; are members of gangs/crews; and have been shot before and/or have close friends who have been shot recently. Life Coaches are expected to establish trusting relationships with their clients and spend significant time with their clients helping them mitigate their risk factors and eventually connecting them to services, supports, and opportunities. After establishing positive and trusting relationships with their clients, Life Coaches use their influence to help clients make better decisions, including desisting from violence.
- The Life Coach’s main responsibility is to help reduce violence in the City.
- Make immediate contact with each referred client once assigned by their supervisor. Contact must be made no later than 24 hours after assignment.
- Conduct outreach in the District 10 community to locate individuals identified as very high risk in order to engage them and enroll in Intensive Life Coaching services.
- Have an in-person connection with each new client within 48 hours of being assigned.
- Have an initial sole focus on establishing a positive and trusting relationship with each client. Simply spending in-person time with your client should be the initial focus.
- Develop Life Plan (case plans) with each client.
- Maintaining a positive relationship is the primary Life Coaching duty while also beginning to connect clients to needed services once they are willing and ready.
- Use your positive and trusting relationship with each client to begin to influence their decision making in order to improve their outcomes.
- Maintain consistent contact with each client on the case load in compliance their phase: o Phase One: First 1-4 months on case load: Daily communication, 3x per week in-person contact o Phase Two: 4-7 months on case load: Daily communication, 2x per week in-person contact o Phase Three: 7-18 months on case load: Daily communication, 1x per week in-person contact.
- Document case management efforts, update individual case files, and make all required entries into the data management system.
- Attend all mandatory and necessary meetings and trainings, including weekly staff meetings, your team meetings, Case Conferences, and all other meetings and trainings.
- Follow all directions and guidance from your supervisor.
- And, Other Duties as Assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication, written: Delivers written communications that have clarity and impact including emails.
- Communication, Verbal: Effective listener; clearly and thoughtfully communicates with others in person and on the phone.
- Reliability: Accountable; maintains focus; punctual; good attendance record; meets deadlines.
- Time Management: organizes and establishes priorities; gets the job done in a timely manner.
- Customer Service: Persists in efforts to solve issues even when faced with internal barriers; takes personal responsibility for customer service outcomes, e.g., doesn't blame others or shift responsibility; responds quickly and effectively to requests for assistance and support whether internal or external.
- Computer Literacy: Skilled computer-based work tasks; uses technology to enhance job performance.
- Teamwork: Accountable to team; participates effectively in group- and team-work; collaborates positively with other team members; giving and accepting constructive criticism.
- Tolerance for Stress, Ambiguity, and Change: Maintains composure even while under great pressure; handles complex problems and change with only minimal supervision; demonstrates flexibility and versatility in achieving key goals and priorities.
- Attention to Detail: Strives to eliminate errors; makes accurate work a priority; seeks opportunities to improve performance.
- Decision Making: Collects, organizes, and analyzes information before making decisions.
- Takes a thoughtful approach when considering options; may seek supervision and/or input from others.
- Integrity and Ethics: Actively models the highest ethical standards; is honest and accountable; maintains confidentiality and appropriate boundaries at all times; handles sensitive information and issues with discretion and tact.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $24.00
- Max Hiring Rate $27.00
- San Francisco, CA, USA