Direct Support Professional
Rock Valley, 1800 19th St, Rock Valley, Iowa, United States of America
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
The primary mission of Hope Haven is to unleash the potential in people. We believe in this mission not only for the children, adults, and families we serve, but also in the teams we build and the individuals we hire. As a member of the Hope Haven team, you will be surrounded by a community that empowers, encourages, and equips every person to live to the height of their strengths and abilities. And that includes you.
If you want to help "unleash the potential in people", Hope Haven is the place for you. Hope Haven offers a comprehensive benefits package including: major medical insurance, supplemental insurance, paid holidays and vacation, retirement plan, and skill advancement programs.
We are currently looking for full time and part time Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to help support our clients and team members. Beginning in mid-January, we are implementing a pilot program in our Rock Valley adult services that will utilize front half/back half schedules. The schedules will include 12-13 hour shifts for 3 days one week and 4 days the next. Day and overnight hours are available.
* Front Half Schedule: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday one week and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday the next week.
* Back Half Schedule: Thursday, Friday, Saturday one week and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday the next week.
DSPs provide support to our clients based on their individual goals, which always include making sure their physical, mental, emotional, and social needs are met. Whether this is your first job or a career change, you’ll find Hope Haven’s Direct Support Professional position is a great way for you to get started in the field of Human Services. You’ll start each day with the intention to make a profound and positive difference, and you’ll end each day doing exactly that.
To be considered for the position, eligible candidates must have the following core requirements:
* Basic computer skills
* Confident writing and verbal communication skills
* Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
* Ability to complete orientation training, a medication administration course, training as determined by supervisor, and other agency requirements
* A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, & proof of insurance
* Ability to pass a health assessment, drug screening, & applicable background checks
Because Direct Support Professionals support many different departments and goals at Hope Haven, additional requirements may be added on for specific fields, like job coaching and employment training certification. The actual job responsibilities for this position are varied and lengthy, and we can go over them with you in person if you qualify for an interview. Most of what you will do in this role can be taught; what we are looking for are qualities and gifts that cannot be trained:
* a love of variety and people
* plenty of empathy, compassion, and enthusiasm
* a passion for both teaching and learning
* the ability to handle surprises, challenges, and opportunities with a contagiously positive attitude
* a respectful appreciation for details and organization
If this all sounds like a good fit, you are here for a reason. Apply today. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and scheduling. And you’ll be able to put your gifts to good use, which comes with its own amazing rewards.