Floating Multifamily Compliance Specialist
Harbor Group Management Company is a multi-billion dollar real estate investment and property management firm. As we continue to grow, we are looking for passionate, goal oriented, creative individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and great communication skills. Harbor Group is dedicated to outstanding customer service and providing exquisite living experience for our residents.
Job Title: FloatingMultifamily Compliance Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: The Multifamily Compliance Specialist will work closely with the Regional Manager, Operations Team and Compliance Department to assist in monitoring the regulations of LIHTC, HOME, HUD, Section 8, and County Affordable Programs. This position will also assist in ensuring established policies and procedures are followed to maintain compliance under these programs for the assigned properties. This individual will manage site-level compliance by reviewing new applicant certifications and completing re-certification paperwork as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by Harbor Group Management Company.
- Work closely with the Regional Manager, on-site team, and Compliance Department to assure that the property complies with all federal, state, and county rules and regulations.
- Property locations include Arlington, VA; Alexandria, VA; Silver Spring, MD, and Baltimore, MD.
- Partner with Property Manager and corporate Compliance Department to coordinate related training for on-site staff.
- Complete reports as needed; process and review all move-ins and annual re-certifications.
- Assist in the set up new properties, in-house audits, & audits performed by compliance agencies or investors.
- Complete all required training classes pertaining to Property Management and Affordable Housing.
- Provide on-site assistance to the Property Manager(s) and Assistant Manager(s) with processing files, resident follow-up and correspondence relating to tenant certifications, delinquencies, and more.
- Provide daily support with other administrative duties as instructed by Regional Manager.
- Work directly with Resident Services department on resident follow-up and program referrals.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of affordable housing experience as it relates to tax credit, Section 8, & other low-income housing (strong HUD Section 8 program knowledge preferable)
- Certification in related field highly preferred (TCS, HCCP, SHCM, COS, CPO, BOS or equivalent)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook required; experience working in MRI Affordable software preferred
- Familiarity with HUD Secure Systems & Housing Agency software
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines & work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required
- This position could require evening and weekend work.
This pre-employment application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Each question should be answered in a complete and accurate manner as no action can be taken on this application until all questions have been answered.
- Job Family Multifamily Property Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Arlington, VA, USA