Corp Asset Management - VP, Fund Operations
Harbor Group Management Company is a multi-billion dollar real estate investment and property management firm. As we continue to grow, we are looking for passionate, goal oriented, creative individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and great communication skills. Harbor Group is dedicated to outstanding customer service and providing exquisite living experience for our residents.
Title: Vice President – Fund Operations
Reports To: Managing Director – Head of Asset Management
Position Location: New York or Norfolk Office
Serve as the internal fund manager focused on operations for certain of Harbor Group’s Funds. Those funds will initially include Credit Fund I and the Multifamily Credit Fund. The portfolio may expand as Harbor Group raises new funds. The VP, Fund Operations will serve as a communication, coordination, reporting, and compliance conduit ensuring that all team members engaged in the efforts of managing the funds are aware of all requirements and restrictions related to the funds. Working with other departments as needed, the VP, Fund Operations will be accountable for ensuring Harbor Group is in compliance with all appropriate fund documents such as LPA’s, side letters, sublines, warehouse lines, as well as reporting requirements. In addition, the Fund Manager will understand the interrelationships of the documents and the structures of the fund to ensure that all aspects of tax structure, economic impact, liquidity, and compliance are considered when making investment decisions.
- Establish and maintain a reporting and compliance calendar and ensure that reports, certificates, etc. are delivered on time.
- Create and maintain a summary of investor side letter requirements including items such as fee breaks, approvals, and investment approvals.
- Oversee fund document library and ensure that all documents impacting fund operations are stored and easily accessible to appropriate team members.
- Review and analyze the financial statements of the fund monthly to understand P&L trends and liquidity.
- Working with the Transactions and Asset Management teams, update fund models on a periodic basis to reflect changes in current and projected investments. Work with key decision makers to analyze forward return projections and the impact of various investment and financing strategies on overall fund returns.
- Working with the Transactions and Asset Management teams and the VP Treasury, monitor the investment pipeline, timing of loan payoffs, and fund liquidity requirements. Make recommendations to the CFO regarding capital calls and line of credit uses.
- Working with the Transactions and Asset Management teams, ensure that all investments meet the requirements of the fund documents and investor side letters.
- Monitor asset allocation decisions and ensure that allocation decisions are documented in accordance with HGI policies and procedures.
- Monitor asset allocation decisions for potential cross trade and tax structuring implications. Communicate such trades with the Tax and IR teams and the CFO. For proposed cross trades approved by the Credit Committee, work with Legal and IR teams to prepare and secure necessary investor approval requests. Ensure that the communication with investors is consistent. Schedule, manage and plan advisory board meetings.
- Prepare annual budgets for the funds as required. Participate in the presentation of the annual budget and other annual meeting materials, as requested.
- Working with the Accounting and IR teams, monitor the performance of third-party administrators. Complete and document an annual performance assessment.
- Participate in the review of fund documents and investor side letters.
- Review new fund models and assumptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7-10 years of demonstrated relevant experience in private equity fund management
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Proficient in Excel
- Working knowledge of tax and/or tax related concepts within the context of REIT and structured debt and equity investment vehicles is a plus
- Solid internal and external written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across department lines and collaboratively to facilitate processes
- Ability to read and interpret complex legal documents and communicate requirements to business stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of documents associated with the funds to include the LPA, Side Letters, Subline, warehouse and repo lines of credit and fund administrator
- Review and understand the organizational charts of the funds.
This pre-employment application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Each question should be answered in a complete and accurate manner as no action can be taken on this application until all questions have been answered.
Harbor Group Management is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job Family Asset Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 24 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018, USA