Job Title: Procurement Specialist (Remote)
Division: Commercial and Construction Management
Supervisor: Senior Procurement Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for conducting analysis of existing contracts to support the expanding transactional volume in the procurement group. This role is integral to the growth, development and success of the Procurement Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by Harbor Group Management Company.
• Support the end-to-end process for contracts, including analyzing potential opportunities and negotiation suggestions. This includes ensuring information is accurate, reviewing the agreements and updating specific terms within the contract and/or identifying areas of concern to the Sr. Procurement Manager, business team or legal.
• Red-line contract documents to support and facilitate negotiations.
• Candidate must be well-versed at analyzing and negotiating business terms and conditions with vendors via phone and/or email to ensure minimum risk related to purchases.
• Collaborate with various internal customers on all requirements and work with Legal and Risk Management on contract negotiations to either correct inaccuracies, or to validate negotiation terms to ensure all parties are aligned.
• Ensure all contracts for legal review are organized, validated, and include all supporting documentation.
• Maintain updated contract repository.
• Support vendor management and onboarding of new providers.
• In partnership with the Sr. Procurement Manager, support the sourcing process, including preparing RFI/RFPs by working closely with the internal customer to understand their needs, translating that into the RFI/RFP template, asking the right questions, and managing the RFI/RFP process.
• Provide detailed analysis of supplier proposals to internal customers, including pricing and business terms.
• Analyze supplier proposals to differentiate between suppliers on proposed solution, commercial and legal terms.
• Assist in negotiating savings and cost overruns.
• Research, identify and advise on new/future procurement opportunities and policies and procedures; document and track the current renewal opportunities.
• Analyze and “own” trash and snow removal programs.
• Complete other procurement tasks and support any escalated issues as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Finance, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Real Estate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2-4 year's experience in procurement.
• Previous real estate procurement experience mandatory.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat required, proficiency with MRI a plus.
• Comprehension of business and legal terms related to sourcing/contract matters.
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to balance competing priorities and meet multiple deadlines.
• A well-organized and self-directed individual, with exceptional time management skills, including the ability to work under tight deadlines, prioritize and efficiently manage multiple complex projects.
• Excellent, demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.