Electrician - Facility Services Electricians
Under the general supervision of the supervisor, maintains and repairs all electrical systems within the HACP as well as wiring new systems when needed. The electrician acts as a trouble-shooter and will and will first repair those problems that are potentially the most dangerous, and second, perform routine installation and repair jobs. Must possess a valid driver’s license and use of an automobile during work hours,
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
▪ Checks all electrical fixtures on vacant units before re-renting.
▪ Replaces defective outlets, switches and light fixtures in apartments to ensure that they are operating safely.
▪ Replaces and repairs fuses, outlets, switches, and light fixtures for current tenants who call with service requests.
▪ Repairs and replaces exterior lighting that has been damage.
▪ Sets up electrical jobs and decides what material is needed, which way conduit and wiring is to go, and proper wire size.
▪ Maintains inventory of tools, materials and supplies needed to carry out assignments; orders additional resources when needed.
▪ Completes job documentation slip for each individual job
▪ Reads and applies blue prints and schematics.
▪ Performs other duties of a similar nature of level.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent required along with journeyman-level experience or the completion of an approved apprenticeship program. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must possess a valid driver’s.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should be able to successfully operate a variety of applicable hand-held tools and devices. Must have general and specific knowledge related to electrical, including of all safety rules and practices. Must be able to read and apply blue prints / schematics and specifications, and be skilled in measuring and selecting appropriate materials to finish the project and operating power tools. The employee should have basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs a required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to travel to various Authority properties to oversee maintenance projects. Daily movements include sitting; standing; reaching and grasping; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the properties; and attending onsite meetings and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to exchange information in person, in writing, and via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to50 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 201 Kirkpatrick St, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA