Administrative Assistant - Occupancy 450-02
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative and clerical support for the Occupancy department. The incumbent primarily acts as a liaison between Occupancy Manager, Occupancy Information Systems Coordinator, and clients, and also facilitates the distribution of information to department staff.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Acts as liaison between Occupancy and other Authority departments.
- Assists Occupancy Manager and Occupancy Information Systems Coordinator with managing all major department projects; ensures assignments are delegated and completed.
- Provides customer service to all external and internal customers, person-to-person or via telephone; routes calls to appropriate personnel; retrieves messages from Occupancy Department voicemail.
- Composes letters, memorandums, reports, etc. for Director’s signature and/or own correspondence.
- Maintains confidential files and records and supports the development and maintenance of more efficient filing / record keeping systems.
- Coordinates payroll for Occupancy staff; maintains database for employee leave; authorizes payroll and distributes checks.
- Assists with establishing new office systems and procedures.
- Operates various office equipment, including printer, copier, and fax machine; orders department supplies and monitors inventory.
- Attends department meetings as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required and a minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in an administrative or office management role. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees must have reliable transportation to and from work, as well as, to get to and from multiple HACP locations based on business needs and assignments.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 200 Ross Street, 200 Ross Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America