Public Safety Coordinator - Operations Management - Security 350-01
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Public Safety department by coordinating day-to-day activities and analyzing public safety data. In addition, the incumbent will assist with public safety special projects that improve authority-wide operations and efficiency.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
§ Maintains accurate, current, and complete records included in the processes of information gathering, statistical analysis, and research. Provides training to end-users on changes to policies, procedures, standards, or methods.
§ Develops and coordinates security / special projects as outlined by the Security Director.
§ Researches and provides information for tenant and employee investigations using video surveillance software and security software reports. Coordinates with law enforcement to obtain results of investigations and compiles data.
- Organizes the placement and maintenance of cameras; reviews and responds to issues with security cameras at site locations.
- Reviews and exports videos in response to requests from law enforcement, or subpoena.
- Documents and catalogs security requests.
- Maintains all elements of Authority’s ban list including adding and removing names and proper documentation; submits for monthly newsletter.
- Processes reports and evictions.
- Issues warning letters to residents for violation of public safety procedures.
- Processes police reports.
- Prepares security reports for Director of Public Safety and other departments, as necessary.
- Manages the “tip” list.
- Processes S8 files.
- Assists with grant proposal writing for department.
- Assists with community outreach activities, including creation of fliers and communication to residents and sites regarding public safety initiatives.
- Reviews grievances related to criminal complaints; prepares for and attends grievances or court for proceedings relating to tenant eviction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field and a minimum of 2 years of security or law enforcement, project management, and records and archives management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook). Familiarity Vision security camera software is preferred. Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; walking; and operating a vehicle; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds or lift items up to 50 pounds with weight handling equipment or assistance from other workers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position generally works on Authority properties, which may cause the employee to experience a range in temperatures and other weather conditions. The noise level may be loud and the environment may be more hazardous than a standard office environment. This position may be required to work with contractors as well as Authority residents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- 200 Ross Street, 200 Ross Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America