HCV Administrative Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to provide managerial oversight of the administrative staff including the Front Desk Associate(s), General Clerk(s), Customer Service Associate, and Support and Service Request Specialist II positions. As an administrator, the incumbent is responsible for general HCV critical tasks assigned as needed to include but not limited to briefings and landlord interface. All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Manage administrative staff i.e. Front Desk Associate(s), General Clerk(s), Customer Service Associate(s), and Support and Service Request Specialist II(s). Manages the all initiatives related to but not limited to the assignment, planning, review, and evaluation of work and job performance. Additionally, manages subordinate responsibilities including but not limited to workforce planning such as talent acquisition, training and development, and performance management.
- Create and update reports to track the workflow and deliverables of subordinates.
- Ensure administrative staff adherence to Agency and departmental policies, processes, and procedures.
- Act as a liaison for HACP projects and assists with the development of new initiatives for the HCVP department.
- Calendar all meetings for HCV Department along with proper meeting rooms. Assist in the preparation of material for meetings and presentations.
- Research regulations, create reports, and facilitate problem solving efforts seeing issues through to resolution.
- Maintain electronic records and perform analysis when applicable.
- Monitor/evaluate work flow and provide viable and timely recommendations in consultation with immediate manager.
- Perform other duties and projects as required to support the functionality of the Agency and department upon request.
This position requires the incumbent to exhibit the following behavioral skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required and a minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in an administrative or office management role. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Familiar with the Collective Bargaining Agreement process and management adherence of contracts pertaining to union workers
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- 200 Ross Street, 200 Ross Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America