Modernization Project Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to accomplish capital improvement projects; project management, manage and oversee the administration of all phases of modernization projects including project planning, development, procurement and project implementation.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Must master all HUD rules and regulation pertaining to procurement, contract-related resident initiatives and modernization reconstruction programs.
- Assist in development and implementation of Development/MOD contract-related resident initiatives, such as Section 3 and bidding by resident-owned businesses for public housing communities in the City of Pittsburgh.
- Conduct overall monitoring of assigned professional services and construction contracts. Identify areas of concern and bring them to the attention of his/her Supervisor.
- Act as administrative liaison with other city agencies and Housing Authority departments.
- Monitor and evaluate major development and/or modernization projects through progress reports and field visits, including monitoring and reporting on contractors’ performance.
- Attend job or progress meetings of all professional services and construction contracts. assigned. Conduct and coordinate necessary investigation to resolve field problems.
- Interact frequently with residents at large and resident councils. Obtain feedback on HACP programs. Make recommendations to Chief Development Officer or designee on changes and improvements to community/facilities that affect the quality of life of public housing residents
- Assist in the preparation of requests for quotations, requests for proposals, and invitations for bid. Participate in review of submissions and recommend award to Director of Procurement and Contracting Officer.
- Support Relocation Manager as needed
- Review and prepare documents for approval for payment of vendor payment requests on assigned projects.
- Master and adhere to Standard Operating Practices
- Perform activities and functions of related lower level personnel as may be required from time to time.
- Monitor programs to which assigned, assuring an orderly timely project development process. Identify areas of concern and deteriorating trends and bring them to the attention of the Chief Development Officer.
- Implement Authority wide special projects as related to the Development & MOD process.
- Act as project liaison between residents HUD and HACP. Prepare required reports as assigned by Chief Development Officer and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular contact with resident council to 1) monitor complaints and concerns in the Development and Modernization process and explain the reasons therefore; or 2) to initiate corrective action where indicated and notify supervisor of unusual situations.
- Assist in Department’s planning related functions.
- Conduct research, create timelines, track progress and prepare presentations relating to various projects.
- Draft and/or edit and finalize correspondence.
- Assume other responsibilities and perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage and oversee administration of all phases of Modernization projects.
- Coordinate multiple projects and contractors/vendors.
- Proficiently use computer to tabulate and manipulate data and product documents.
- Maintain working knowledge of construction industry.
- Handle confidential material and data.
- Prepare various reports.
- Research assignments.
- Master knowledge of HUD requirements.
- Organize work area; reorganize office.
- Records management and disposition.
- Assist in orientation and training of new department staff.
- Assist in gathering data for the preparation of Department Capital Budget.
- Implement Standard Operating Practices.
- Know and follow job safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field and a minimum of 3 years experience in construction industry and/or contract administration. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Familiarity with Code of Federal Regulations Title 24: Housing and Urban Development;
- Familiarity with construction drawings and specifications reading;
- Familiarity with planning and implementation of modernization construction projects;
- Familiarity with architectural/engineering design processes;
- Familiarity with procurement regulations.
- Meeting deadlines, negotiating, public speaking, writing, organization, customer service, budgeting, critical thinking, complex problem solving;
- Judgment and decision making.
- Communicating technical information to non-technical audience;
- Interpreting/ manipulating/presenting data and information;
- Performing duties in a variety of environments and with varying groups of people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to travel to various Authority properties. Daily movements include pushing/pulling; stooping/crouching; balancing, climbing, sitting; standing; reaching, handling/grasping; fingering, operating computers and other office equipment; driving, moving about the properties; and attending onsite meetings and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to exchange information in person, in writing, and via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position generally works on Authority properties, which may cause the employee to experience a range in temperatures and other weather conditions. Works indoors and outdoors in dry, wet, hot, cold, and windy conditions. The noise level may be loud and the environment may be more hazardous due to hazardous materials and heavy tools/machines than a standard office environment. This position may be required to work with contractors as well as Authority residents and within occupied residences.
- Pay Type Salary
- 100 Ross St, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA