The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Occupancy department by interviewing applicants for housing, preparing required application information, obtaining references, and performing income and rent calculations and providing concierge service for Relocating residents.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Interviews applicants referred for housing and/or investigation.
- Assists applicants with preparing required information and inquiries regarding applications.
- Prepares applicant files according to the LIPH/Housing Choice Voucher File Check List.
- Enters applications into system; updates computer and hard copy records.
- Orders criminal background checks and tenant checks; verifies income and employment information.
- Obtains references from applicants and from other community resources to determine applicant’s eligibility.
- Computes rent based on applicant’s income.
- Determines applicant eligibility for housing; generates letters based on determination for housing.
- Organizes the work according to existing procedure, with emphasis on specific detail and pertinence of information.
- Represent Occupancy at HVC and LIPH Grievance hearings as needed.
- Provides concierge services for relocation projects, to include assisting families with finding other housing options, connecting them to resources, contacting landlords for rental assistance, obtaining funds for security deposits and first months rent, assistance with getting utilities on, assist with providing or transporting residents to view other housing properties, providing transportation to leasing appointments, assist with transferring of schools, childcare and afterschool options etc.
- Coordination of briefings for Relocation and HVC and Project based vouchers.
- Prepares reports and databases.
- Relieve Front Desk Assistant for breaks and during lunch hours and assist with applicants, as needed.
- Operates various office equipment including printer, copier, and fax machine.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required and a minimum of 3 years professional experience in a social service setting. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Office environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a non-exempt hourly position with a starting pay rate of $42,500 annualized.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.43
- 200 Ross Street, 200 Ross Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America