The primary purpose of this position is to provide clerical and administrative support to the Public Safety department. The incumbent will focus on communicating with clients and maintaining departmental documents and records.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Public Safety department, including recordkeeping, document generation, data tracking, follow-up, telephoning, mailing and filing as assigned; identifies administrative needs of the department and develops appropriate solutions and/or recommendations.
- Greets clients and visitors to the department; provides accurate information in response to questions and comments; directs visitors to appropriate staff members.
- Receives incoming calls; determines the identity of the caller and nature of the caller’s business; determines if the call can be handled personally or if the call should be transferred.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes departmental mail; copies, collates, distributes, and mails materials as necessary; reviews all incoming mail for the Director, determining the most appropriate action.
- Reviews and exports videos in response to requests from law enforcement, or subpoena.
- Ensures that files and filing systems are current, accurate, and neat at all times.
- Suggests changes in forms and procedures and/or devises new forms / procedures to improve the operational efficiency and cost effectiveness of departmental processes.
- Maintains and orders office supplies, furniture, and equipment as needed.
- Drafts correspondence, technical reports and status reports; ensures documents are consistently formatted and grammatically correct; assists in the preparation of presentations, remarks, and other materials required by the Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required and a minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in an administrative assistant role Must be advance in MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees must also have reliable transportation to and from work, as well as, to get to and from multiple HACP locations based on business needs and assignments.
- Pay Type Salary
- 200 Ross Street, 200 Ross Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America