Pest Control Operator- Facility Services HVAC
Under the general supervision of the Pest Control Supervisor provides pest control services. Requires a state certified pesticide license from the Department of Agriculture and a valid driver’s license and the use of a car during work hours. Knowledge of various insects and pests, chemicals used for elimination required.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Receives service slips from supervisor and decides what treatment will be most effective for each situation.
- Applies pesticides and rodenticides to control or eliminate infestations of insects and rodents.
- Determines population of pests and uses the strength of formulation appropriate for each case.
- Informs tenants about safety hazards and extended control methods.
- Communicates with Supervisor regarding plumbing related or other areas that are causing or enabling pest problem.
- Prepares paperwork on each job performed to keep accurate records.
- Maintains tools and equipment used on the job. Cleans equipment and replaces parts needed to fix the problem.
- Performs termite work and inspections to determine proper chemicals and methods needed to eliminate termites.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature of level.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a state certified pesticide license from the Department of Agriculture and a valid driver’s license and the use of a car during work hours. High school diploma or equivalent and two years pest control and inspection experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed below.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should be able to successfully operate a variety of applicable hand-held tools and devices. Must have general and specific knowledge related to pest control, including all safety rules and practices. Must be able to read and apply blue prints / schematics and specifications, and be skilled in measuring and selecting appropriate materials to finish the project and operating power tools. The employee should have basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs a required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to travel to various Authority properties to oversee maintenance projects. Daily movements include sitting; standing; reaching and grasping; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the properties; and attending on-site meetings and off-site meetings. The employee must be able to exchange information in person, in writing, and via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position generally works on Authority properties, which may cause the employee to experience a range in temperatures and other weather conditions. The noise level may be loud and the environment may be more hazardous than a standard office environment. This position may be required to work with contractors as well as Authority residents. Employees must also have reliable transportation to and from work, as well as, to get to and from multiple HACP locations based on business needs and assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Hourly
- 201 Kirkpatrick St, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA