Scholarship: STEAM Scholarship Application
H2M architects + engineers: STEAM Scholarship
H2M architects + engineers STEAM Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and character to an graduating senior who is planning to attend college and enroll in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Architecture, or Math (STEAM) degree program. H2M is a 500+ person architecture and engineering firm headquartered in Melville, NY with office locations throughout the NY/NJ metro area, lower Hudson Valley, and Troy.
H2M is a multi-discipline professional consulting and design firm, proud of our long history of client service and our consistent ability to meet tough architectural, engineering, and environmental challenges head-on. Since 1933, H2M has helped design and build many of our communities: from water treatment facilities to school facilities, from land surveying to road reconstruction, from site assessment to remediation. To learn more about us, please visit h2m.com.
Eligibility + Selection Criteria:
- Applicant must be a high school senior planning to enroll in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Architecture, or Math (STEAM) degree program.
- Applicant must be accepted to an accredited College or University in a STEAM degree program.
- Applicant must not be an employee or family member of a current H2M architects + engineers employee.
- Academic achievement will be a significant factor in the selection process, however there are no specific grade requirements to apply.
- ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE UPLOADED TO THE APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP.
- What impacted your choice of STEAM related major?
- Why are you deserving of this H2M Scholarship?
- What are your future career goals after graduation?
- Who is someone that impacted your career path in STEAM and why?
High School Transcript
- Deadline to Apply: May 1, 2023
Ten $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students during a H2M award ceremony at our Melville office at the conclusion of recipient’s senior year of high school.
“H2M is a strong collaborative workplace where people and ideas are always treated with respect. I am encouraged to develop, and I love that I am constantly learning new things and skills” Employee testimonial.
We’re passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment. Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
Since our early roots, our focus has remained steadfast: to provide quality service with sound judgment and to serve as an honest professional resource to our clients. With a dedicated, responsive staff and multiple service offerings under one roof, we blend “can-do” with “can-be,” developing real, workable solutions with a dose of innovation. Our diverse in-house expertise reduces the need for sub-consultants and ensures that our architects and engineers develop a comprehensive understanding of every project.
Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program.
- Job Family Administrative and Facilities
- Pay Type Hourly