Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Prepare financial reports and statements for the organization. Ensure accounting controls are maintained.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct financial reporting through the analysis of account balances and transactions. Ensure the accounting system allows for adequate reporting.
- Post journal entries and create new accounts.
- Analyze the effects of transactions on account balances and research inconsistencies and unusual charges.
- Complete all duties related to month-end closing. Reconcile bank statements, perform closing journal entries, review account balances, and prepare financial statements.
- Attend monthly Finance Committee meetings and prepare minutes.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Participate in various accounting-related projects, including writing proposals, researching new business opportunities, attending conferences, and/or preparing special topics for Finance Committee meetings.
- Review and consider the need for new or changed processes and controls.
- Assist departments with budgets and financial results.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Four-year college degree required in accounting, finance, business, or a related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in accounting or financial reporting.
- Experience with MS Dynamics- Business Central 365 systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and theories; understanding of GAAP.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Keen analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Salary
- 1331 Edgehill Rd, Columbus, OH 43212, USA