Case Manager, Workforce Development
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Assists individuals with disabilities and other barriers to obtain and maintain employment by planning, implementing, and monitoring the progress of customers in programs and services. Coordinates services for program customers as needed and provides social service referrals to community partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Determine suitability and eligibility of interested candidates.
- Complete program eligibility and intake procedures.
- Write Individual Plans of Employment and complete monthly update reports for referring counselors.
- Act as a liaison between referring counselor/other agencies, customers, their supports, and other pertinent staff.
- Meet with customers to ensure progression through programs and services, ensuring that they are meeting goals.
- Attend and participate in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Make recommendations concerning individual customers to referral sources, as needed.
- Record case notes on customer interactions and progress, and monthly staffing meetings into the Goodtrak Database and other funder databases as needed.
- Assist with outreach and recruitment of customers.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Conduct orientations for new customers and their supports.
- Enter new customers into Goodtrak database, and update records, as needed.
- Report recommendations to other team members and obtain feedback.
- Establish relationships with customers and their supports to ensure progress through programs and services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Four-year college degree in business, social work, human services, public administration, human resources, communications or related field, or six years comparable work experience in lieu of degree.
- Clinical training and/or case management experience in the vocational rehabilitation field is preferred.
- License and/or certification related to counseling or social work is helpful, but not required.
- Must maintain current CPR and FirstAid certification.
- Must have valid OH driver’s license and personal car insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Must have exemplary personal communication abilities to work with customers and their supports in a genuine and empathetic manner.
- Must have excellent time management skills to prioritize a wide variety of duties concerning customers in programs and services.
- Must be able to problem solve in cases involving customer concerns and behavioral issues.
- Must have adequate computer skills to enter reports and case notes in the Goodtrak system.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbus, OH, USA