Training Specialist - 2nd Shift 12p-8p
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Train, support, advocate, and supervise individuals with developmental disabilities or other barriers to work in a community setting as independently as possible.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare program participants for community-based employment, which may include training on specific job tasks, to develop work and soft skills and vocational exploration to expand participant horizons about the world of work.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support in the community to individuals to achieve full integration into the community.
- Work with onsite MH Clinician and demonstrate an understanding of basic mental health principles to support individuals to achieve personal success in both the facility and the community.
- Establish expectations of a workplace environment to create a learning environment that prepares individuals for community employment.
- Participate in behavior support practices that are in line with individual behavior support plans and encourage a culture of understanding, empathy, and support. Provide verbal and/or physical intervention as needed to keep the individual and other workers safe.
- Implement person centered planning practices in all activities to improve quality of life and focus on possibilities.
- Maintain a safe workplace and comply with all state and federal safety and health regulations as well as company safety policy and procedures.
- Complete required paperwork such as incident reports, progress notes, payroll time sheets, attendance records, and daily work counts. Conduct annual assessments.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Check finished work products for accuracy. Provide re-training to correct any errors.
- Assist with daily living skills, lunch/breaks, hygiene, and toileting as needed.
- May transport participants, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework in social services, psychology or mental health helpful.
- One to three years of experience working with developmentally disabled adults. Experience with mental health or support in an employment environment preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must maintain the following certifications: CPR, First Aid, CITIES, and Medication Administration (where required).
- Must have current, valid OH driver’s license and personal car insurance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of behavior support and crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to intervene and redirect behaviors of participants.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate to somewhat loud noise levels.
- Exposed to potentially dangerous physical situations when participants exhibit assaultive or inappropriate behaviors.
- May be exposed to pets and tobacco smoke.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, run / jog, reach, and bend to assist with retail processing.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds for daily retail processing; possible to lift up to 100 pounds when restraining individuals.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Approved: _______________________________ Date Created/Reviewed: _____________
I understand that:
- This job description provides a general summary of the position in which I am employed. The contents of this job description are job requirements, and, at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
- Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
- I have read and understand this job description.
Employee: ____________________________ Date: ______________
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Work & Community Services-Arc South, 4395 Marketing Pl, Groveport, Ohio, United States of America