Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Job Title Custodian II
Reports To Janitorial Supervisor II or III
Positions Supervised None
Pay Grade Contract
Employment Class Regular Hourly
EEO Class 9-Service Workers
Authorized Driver No
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Clean assigned building and keep in orderly condition.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain cleanliness in general office and common areas: entrance glass and doors, water fountains, elevators, stairwells, and furniture.
- Empty trash cans and change liners.
- Clean floors using dust mops, wet mops, and vacuum cleaners.
- Disinfect and clean restrooms, including all equipment and fixtures. Refill paper towels, toilet paper, and soap.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Spot clean carpets as needed.
- Use floor scrub machine to clean tile floors as well as bathroom floors.
- Operate machines such as floor buffers and carpet cleaners as needed.
- Utilize all available cleaning tools and products to ensure a well-kept environment.
- Train new employees as requested and report progress to supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Minimum one year of experience in housekeeping or custodial work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Ability to operate cleaning machines and equipment.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Exposed to potentially hazardous bodily fluids or chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to extreme heat or cold in buildings or rooms that are not climate controlled.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach, bend, balance, grasp and push for extended periods of time.
- Will perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Will move up and down from/to sitting position on the floor.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds; heavier lifting is occasionally required.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Issued: ________________ Approved: ____________________________
Annual Review: ______________ Approved: ____________________________
I understand that:
- This job description provides a general summary of the position in which I am employed. The contents of this job description are job requirements, and, at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
- Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
- I have read and understand this job description.
Employee: ____________________________ Date: ______________
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1970 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43223, USA