*Full-time or Part-time Interest Considered *Outpatient Setting *Competitive Salary *Rich Benefits *Relocation Assistance Provided *Great Work Culture
The Psychiatrist is responsible for providing high quality health care services to Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) members. The Psychiatrist is specialized in Psychiatric Medicine. The Psychiatrist provides a wide range of evaluation, management, and procedural services to GHC-SCW members requesting care. The Psychiatrist serves under the general supervision and direction of the Medical Director for Behavioral Health with additional accountabilities to the Director of Behavioral Health, and the Chief Medical Officer. The Psychiatrist is expected to use his/her professional judgment at all times in relation to making recommendations to patients for their personal medical care.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission , Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: To provide accessible, comprehensive, high quality healthcare and outstanding service in an efficient and personalized manner to persons in the GHC-SCW service area.
Our Vision: To be a leader among HMO’s in providing high-quality medical care, impeccable service and competitive benefit levels and premium rates.
Our Common Values:
- Patient Centered: When health insurers and health care providers are brought together under one roof, we are better together. Our care team model focuses on supporting the needs of our patients/members and providing the best in safe, high quality coordinated health care. Members and their providers participate in making meaningful decisions that lead to better outcomes.
- Quality Driven: When members and their providers each participate meaningfully in the decisions that lead to better health care, we are better together. GHC-SCW continues its tradition of providing proactive health promotion and disease management outreach to our members to consistently achieve high quality health care accreditation.
- Innovation: When we work to lift each other up, show appreciation and collaborate in the best interests of the member, we are better together. GHC-SCW has made innovative advancements which include the implementation of an electronic medical records system (EMR) and GHC-SCW MyChartSM, access to innovative Complementary Medicine benefits and Wellness reimbursement services.
- Community Involved: When we join with our community to further the causes for which we share a common concern, we are better together. We are proud to promote programs that strengthen lives, and make our community a safer, stronger and healthier place to live and grow. GHC-SCW employees share their time and talent; and we recognize that the value of what we give is also what we gain – for our employees, our members and our community.
- Not for Profit Cooperative: When we share a common purpose, a common voice and a common vision, we are better together. We use our surpluses to improve clinics, enhance health care benefits and give back to the community. Our members, not our profits, are our priority. We have a unique “cooperative” governance structure which works directly for our members.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Current, unrestricted Wisconsin State Licensure as a Physician in a Psychiatric specialty required.
- Board certification is highly desirable and the ability to become Board Certified within twelve (12) months of employment is required.
- Knowledge and/or experience in managed health care delivery required.
- Ability to maintain currency in area of expertise in field of psychiatry.
- Current valid Federal Controlled Substance registration (DEA) Certificate, NPI number, and certification as a provider in the Wisconsin Medicaid/Badger Care system required.
- Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
- Medical management skills such as team building, HR management including conflict management, performance appraisal, coaching, and utilization management techniques required or the willingness to acquire through job training required.
- Ability to work within a team concept required.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills required in order to project a professional image to interact courteously and effectively with patients, the public, staff and others required.
- Ability to provide culturally competent services and to work effectively with a diverse patient population and workforce.
- Ability to provide leadership and to delegate required.
- Ability to read and interpret various medical reports and/or results required.
- Ability to use and/or learn electronic medical record systems such as EPIC.
- Ability to learn and maintain currency with GHC-SCW and University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics (UWHC) policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain strict patient, proprietary and employee confidentiality required. Knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a diverse workload required.
- Ability to see at near, mid and far range required.
- Ability to speak and hear in person and on the telephone required.
- Ability to perform fingering and handling with both hands required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hatchery Hill Clinic - 3051 Cahill Main, 3051 Cahill Main, Fitchburg, Wisconsin, United States of America