Behavior Health Therapist - Per Diem (LCSW, LPC, LMFT)
Come join us at GHC-SCW, and be a part of an organization committed to the highest level of healthcare! At GHC-SCW every member of the organization has the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a number of initiatives focused on improving the patient experience and eliminating barriers to care. The Behavioral Health department is an exciting place to be right now as it is gearing up for new strategic changes that will improve access for patients, enhance employee satisfaction, and expand services beyond traditional outpatient treatment. If you are looking to grow as a professional, display your leadership qualities, and be embraced by an organization that encourages creativity and ingenuity, then GHC-SCW is the place for you!
The Behavioral Health Therapist – Per Diem position is responsible for delivery of direct clinical services to individuals, couples, families, and groups in the Behavioral Health department as a practicing psychotherapist. This position will also cover Therapist duties/responsibilities within the Triage, Intensive Outpatient Program, and Primary Care Behavioral Health groups when needed. The incumbent provides initial telephone screening and triage assessments and will provide office intakes to Group Health Cooperative of South- Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) patients as a member of the behavioral health practitioner staff. The incumbent will provide both in clinic and virtual care per department protocols. The Behavioral Health Therapist receives day to day guidance, clinical consultation, and administrative supervision from the Behavioral Health Coordinator with additional accountability to the Behavioral Health Services Manager. This position has a minimum requirement of one eight hour shift per month, but availability for additional hours in the Behavioral Health department is anticipated.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South- Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission , Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: To provide accessible, comprehensive, high quality healthcare and outstanding service in an efficient and personalized manner to persons in the GHC-SCW service area.
Our Vision: To be a leader among HMO’s in providing high-quality medical care, impeccable service and competitive benefit levels and premium rates.
Our Common Values:
- Patient Centered: When health insurers and health care providers are brought together under one roof, we are better together. Our care team model focuses on supporting the needs of our patients/members and providing the best in safe, high quality coordinated health care. Members and their providers participate in making meaningful decisions that lead to better outcomes.
- Quality Driven: When members and their providers each participate meaningfully in the decisions that lead to better health care, we are better together. GHC-SCW continues its tradition of providing proactive health promotion and disease management outreach to our members to consistently achieve high quality health care accreditation.
- Innovation: When we work to lift each other up, show appreciation and collaborate in the best interests of the member, we are better together. GHC-SCW has made innovative advancements which include the implementation of an electronic medical records system (EMR) and GHC-SCW MyChartSM, access to innovative Complementary Medicine benefits and Wellness reimbursement services.
- Community Involved: When we join with our community to further the causes for which we share a common concern, we are better together. We are proud to promote programs that strengthen lives, and make our community a safer, stronger and healthier place to live and grow. GHC-SCW employees share their time and talent; and we recognize that the value of what we give is also what we gain – for our employees, our members and our community.
- Not for Profit Cooperative: When we share a common purpose, a common voice and a common vision, we are better together. We use our surpluses to improve clinics, enhance health care benefits and give back to the community. Our members, not our profits, are our priority. We have a unique “cooperative” governance structure which works directly for our members.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a psychotherapy-related field such as Psychology, Social Work, Guidance and Counseling, or Nursing required.
- Possession of an appropriate Wisconsin clinical license (e.g., LCSW, LPC, LMFT), and Certification by the State of Wisconsin Medicaid/Health Forward program as a Behavioral Health Provider required.
- Possession of a National Provider Identifier (NPI Number) for health care providers required.
- Ability to provide own transportation to various work locations, as required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the provision of direct clinical behavioral health services required.
- Knowledge of and experience with short term therapy models preferred.
- Previous experience in an HMO or managed care setting preferred.
- Knowledge, ability and skills in the provision of professional, evidence-based behavioral health therapy services including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of individuals, couples, families, and groups. Knowledge of and ability to apply current behavioral health theory and practices. Knowledge of group dynamics and leadership.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use human relations, interpersonal and communications skills. Excellent interpersonal skills required. Excellent verbal communication skills, including active listening skills, required.
- Commitment and proven ability to provide inclusive, equitable, respectful, and competent care to persons of diverse cultural backgrounds and identities.
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, and ability to learn and use electronic medical record systems such as EPIC required.
- Ability to work effectively with clinic and administrative and to be a team player in a team-oriented environment required. Ability to interact productively with staff at all levels required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to speak and listen in person and on the phone required.
- Professional manner necessary to deal courteously and effectively with patients and the public required.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality required. Knowledge of medical records and appropriate documentation requirements. Knowledge of HIPAA requirements required.
- Ability to work some evening hours and after hours on-call is required.
- Excellent assessment, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with GHC-SCW staff.
Ability to remain seated and attentive to patient verbalizations for extended periods of time required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hatchery Hill Clinic - 3051 Cahill Main, 3051 Cahill Main, Fitchburg, Wisconsin, United States of America