Behavioral Health Therapist (LCSW, LPC, LMFT)
Come join us at Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) and be a part of an organization committed to the highest level of healthcare! At GHC-SCW every member of the organization can contribute meaningfully to improving patient experience and eliminating barriers to care. The Behavioral Health department is an exciting place to be right now as it deploys strategic changes to improve access for patients, enhance employee satisfaction, and expand services beyond traditional outpatient treatment. If you are looking to grow as a professional, develop your leadership qualities, and be embraced by an organization that encourages creativity and ingenuity, then GHC-SCW is the place for you!
The Behavioral Health Therapist is responsible for delivery of evidence-based diagnostic assessment and treatment to children, adolescents and/or adults. The incumbent will receive day to day guidance, administrative supervision, and clinical consultation from the Behavioral Health Coordinator with additional accountability to the Behavioral Health Services Manager.
This position will provide both initial intake assessments and follow up psychotherapy care as a member of the outpatient behavioral health practitioner staff. The Behavioral Health Therapist will collaborate with their patients to develop and address individualized treatment plans that include accurate diagnosis and specified treatment goals. Treatment benefits and progress toward goals will be monitored and reviewed regularly, utilizing measurement tools, and adjusting treatment focus as appropriate. This position may also coordinate care with primary care, other specialty providers, and the other systems in which their patients interact (e.g., schools, families) as needed. The BH Therapist may provide crisis support to GHC-SCW members, including triage and risk assessments, completing safety planning, and determining acuity and appropriate level of care for members seeking behavioral health services.
The BH Therapist will be part of one of our outpatient behavioral health clinics and provide both virtual and in office treatment per department protocols. They will complete documentation in the electronic medical record in a timely manner per department and organization protocols, and chart in a manner that is patient-oriented and professional. The BH Therapist will actively participate in case consultations with their local and broader behavioral health teams and be an active participant in behavioral health team and department meetings.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South- Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission , Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
· We are a not-for-profit Cooperative
· We are member-centered
· We are equitable and inclusive
· We are quality-driven
· We are innovative
· We are community involved
Five Strategic Pillars:
· Exceptional Quality and Service – We seek excellence by working towards the elements of the quadruple aim we strive to be the best we do in all that we do.
· Meaningful Employee Engagement – We create a culture where employees are involved, enthusiastic and committed to delivering on the GHC-SCW Mission, Vision and Values.
· Continuous Improvement – We actively identify opportunities and initiate change that creates value for the Cooperative and those we serve.
· Financial Strength - We ensure the Cooperative’s long-term viability by reinvesting earnings generated by controlling health care costs and consistently growing revenue.
· Impact - We advance health and well-being by nurturing connections with our member-owners and the communities we serve.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
1. Minimum of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a psychotherapy-related field such as Psychology, Social Work, Guidance and Counseling, or Nursing required.
2. Possession of an appropriate Wisconsin clinical license (e.g., LCSW, LPC, LMFT), and Certification by the State of Wisconsin Medicaid/Health Forward program as a Behavioral Health Provider required.
3. Possession of a National Provider Identifier (NPI Number) for health care providers required.
4. Ability to provide own transportation to various work locations, as required.
5. A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the provision of direct clinical behavioral health services required.
6. Knowledge of and experience with short term therapy models preferred.
7. Previous experience in an HMO or managed care setting preferred.
8. Knowledge, ability and skills in the provision of professional, evidence-based behavioral health therapy services including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of individuals, couples, families, and groups. Knowledge of and ability to apply current behavioral health theory and practices. Knowledge of group dynamics and leadership.
9. Knowledge of and ability to effectively use human relations, interpersonal and communications skills. Excellent interpersonal skills required. Excellent verbal communication skills, including active listening skills, required.
10. Commitment and proven ability to provide inclusive, equitable, respectful, and competent care to persons of diverse cultural backgrounds and identities.
11. Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, and ability to learn and use electronic medical record systems such as EPIC required.
12. Access to and ability to use a personal computer with stable access to high-speed internet and video conferencing capacity
13. Ability to work effectively with clinic and administrative and to be a team player in a team-oriented environment required. Ability to interact productively with staff at all levels required.
14. Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to speak and listen in person and on the phone required.
15. The ability to listen, trouble-shoot and be flexible is required.
16. Professional manner necessary to deal courteously and effectively with patients and the public required.
17. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality required. Knowledge of medical records and appropriate documentation requirements. Knowledge of HIPAA requirements required.
18. Ability to work some evening hours and after hours on-call is required.
19. Excellent assessment, interpersonal and communication skills required.
20. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with GHC-SCW staff.
21. Ability to remain seated and attentive to patient verbalizations for extended periods of time required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hatchery Hill Clinic - 3051 Cahill Main, 3051 Cahill Main, Fitchburg, Wisconsin, United States of America