Reception Team Staff - Clinic (Per diem)
Join our team and receive training, resources and competitive pay, including free parking at all our locations!
The Reception Team Staff – Clinic position is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support activities including answering the telephone (serving as back up to nurse and practitioner phone lines), directing and checking in of patients and other customers properly, scheduling appointments, answering general questions, collecting fees, and organizing the desk. The incumbent works under the general supervision and review of the Reception Team Leader.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission , Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
We are a not-for-profit Cooperative
- We are member-centered
We are equitable and inclusive
- We are quality-driven
- We are innovative
- We are community involved
Five Strategic Pillars:
- We seek excellence by working towards the elements of the quadruple aim we strive to be the best we do in all that we do.
- We create a culture where employees are involved, enthusiastic and committed to delivering on the GHC-SCW Mission, Vision and Values.
- We actively identify opportunities and initiate change that creates value for the Cooperative and those we serve.
- We ensure the Cooperative’s long-term viability by reinvesting earnings generated by controlling health care costs and consistently growing revenue.
- We advance health and well-being by nurturing connections with our member-owners and the communities we serve.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Work experience in a Medical Reception setting preferred. Relevant training may be substituted for work experience. Previous experience using the telephone in a service capacity preferred. Experience with medical terminology preferred.
Ability to pass Competency Test in primary reception area and Telephone Communication skills checks within a reasonable time period (approximately 3 – 6 months).
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work with a diverse patient population.
- Ability to work harmoniously and cooperatively with all personnel and the public required.
- Ability to act in a professional manner when dealing with practitioner staff, personnel of other departments, fellow employees and the general public required.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality. Knowledge of or ability to learn HIPAA requirements.
- Knowledge of and ability to use email.
Ability to use and/or learn on-line systems such as electronic medical record and appointment scheduling.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks appropriately in rapid succession required.
- Ability to be flexible in daily assignments.
- Ability to take and relay messages accurately and in a timely manner, including the ability to spell correctly required.
- Ability to use a keyboard for much of the shift required.
- Ability to sit or stand for up to 3 hours at a time and frequently stand up and down from desk chair required.
- Ability to frequently bend and reach from both a standing and sitting position required.
- Ability to speak and listen in person and on the telephone.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Urgent Care - 675 W. Washington Avenue, 675 W. Washington Ave, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America