Grede Holdings LLC has openings for Plant Metallurgists in Browntown, Wisconsin.
Job duties include:
1. Managing green sand system for production of ferrous (gray and ductile iron) castings, including determining material requirements and maintaining and adjusting a Hartley Control system.
2. Supervising and monitoring green sand testing, utilizing MiniTab SPC charts to monitor sand test data for trending.
3. Certify product to material specification according to ASTM A48, ASTM A536 and specific customer certification requirements; and certify product meets REACH, RoHS, California Proposition 65 and other requests from customers.
4. Analyze metallurgical defects of ferrous (gray and ductile iron) castings to determine root cause of the defect. Using problem solving and statistical techniques to adjust process parameters to eliminate defects.
5. Setting metallurgical parameters including cupola charge make-up, base chemistry targets, percent MgFeSi treatment, alloy additions, Brinell inspection, heat treatment, in-process and final inspections, ultrasonic and magnetic particle testing.
6. Reviewing customer blueprints for metallurgical requirements and specifications and providing detailed information to quote team.
7. Assuring that all castings meet the specified mechanical and physical properties through spectrometer and Leco carbon determinator testing, Brinell testing and metallographic analysis.
8. Use of ultrasonic and magnetic particle equipment to certify castings to customer requirements. Documenting test results for certification for both production and sample parts.
Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering, or Material Science, or foreign equivalent education, and 3 years’ experience working as a Metallurgistis required. 3 years’ experience is required in each of the following:
1. Operating inspection equipment for testing ferrous castings including: spectrometer, Leco carbon determinator, ultrasonic equipment, Brinell equipment, and magnetic particle equipment;
2. Setting Metallurgical parameters including, charge make-up, base chemistry targets, heat treatment, in-process and final inspections;
3. Preparing samples for metallographic analysis including cutting samples, mounting, grinding and polishing;
4. Analyzing microstructures and defects of ferrous castings.
5. Using problem solving and statistical techniques to conduct root cause analysis.
Experience may be obtained concurrently.
Applicants should apply online at Plant Metallurgist - Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com) and reference job ID# 08012022.
- Job Family Manufacturing Engineering Group
- Job Function Not Defined
- Pay Type Salary
- Browntown, WI, USA