Aquatics Program Director
We want YOU to make an impact in our community, and we believe you have the skills, experience and support to do just that! Our YMCA of Concord, a branch of The Granite YMCA, is hiring an Aquatics Director to oversee the operations of its four-lane indoor pool and summer lake swim lessons.
This department already consists of a full-time Swim Lesson Coordinator, a Head Lifeguard, and 25-35 Lifeguards, Swim Instructors and WaterX Instructors. Our Aquatics Team implements and oversees programming such as swim lessons, open and lap swim time, adult classes, pool rentals, swim team, lessons for those with special needs and more. The Aquatics Director will be part of the branch leadership team, the Association Aquatics Quality Circle, and have resources and support across the organization to grow and thrive within not only this role, but in a future with the YMCA. A key focus will be on continuing to build upon current programming, staff training and development, and future planning and growth of programs.
The Aquatics Director is responsible for the oversight, planning, directing, budgeting and evaluating of the Aquatics programs in accordance with the mission, purposes and policies of the Association. Additional responsibilities include recruiting, training and supervising all staff, both paid and volunteer, related to their area of responsibility.
- The Aquatics Director leads all aspects of Aquatic programming for their YMCA branch, ensuring our mission, values, and culture are instilled in our strategy, programs and staff structure.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations and conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools.
- Hires, trains, supervises, coaches, evaluates and manages a diverse staff team that both meets the needs of the community and represents it.
- Administrative management of the Aquatics department.
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs. Regular direct program hours and ability to attend to staffing needs of the department.
- Create and lead a culture that provides an excellent participant experience by implementing quality and diverse programs and services.
- To thrive in this role, candidates should bring a background of progressive aquatics experience including management of team members and the ability to successfully prioritize and respond to a variety of tasks such as programs and emergency response measures.
- Candidates should have a minimum of four years’ experience leading Aquatics teams and/or programs.
- Current Lifeguard Certification (YMCA or Red Cross) and current First Aid/CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Candidates should bring experience and an understanding of administrative and human relations skills as they would apply to an Aquatics department. A bachelor’s degree is recommended though not required.
Salary Range: $47,000 - $57,000
This is a full-time, salaried position with an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Caring Employee Culture
- Career Growth & Leadership Development
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Free 2 Adult Family YMCA Membership
- 8% employer contribution to retirement fund
- 50% discount on Childcare and Camp services
- Discounts on Y Programs for yourself & family members
- Discounted tuition to UNH Manchester, Granite State College & SNHU
- Generous paid time off – starting with 21 days and 6 holidays, accruing more with tenure
- Pay Type Salary
- YMCA of Concord, 15 N State St, Concord, New Hampshire, United States of America